Register now to get rid of these ads!

Help with a '49 Mercury

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Dblbeard, Sep 27, 2011.

1. Dblbeard

Dblbeard

Hello Folks,

I'm here again looking for some help. I traded for my Merc about 2 1/2 months ago with a guy from Milwaukee, WI. He told me the car came from California somewhere and a guy from Mass bought it about 2-3 years ago before he traded for it about 2 years ago.
    So now I have it with no idea of where it came from or who built it.
    If anyone can be of assistance I would appreciate it very much.

*The original paint scheme had the flame going over the top*

Thank you,
    Dblbeard

Attached Files:

2. bigbstang1969

bigbstang1969

Hey there, I know this is an old thread, but thought I would respond. I had seen this around Mass. at a few shows. I had heard that he had gotten it from California and it had been on Ebay. The talk was that it was done by Barris, but I have no idea if that was ever confirmed. Great looking car, sits nice and low when the air is out. Good Luck

3. Dblbeard

Dblbeard

I appreciate the response friend, I just got the car back actually.
    I would really like to keep the car, but finances force me to sell it. I've been
    told my several people that Barris had something to do with the car, but that is something hard to prove.

4. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

seems every chopped Merc had stuff done by Barris - nice ride - no info from guy that you got from as to who he got it from? For Sale here?