Register now to get rid of these ads!

Severe Bondo Abuse

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Nads, Mar 29, 2010.

1. poorboy

poorboy

Beautiful ELCO Nads!

2. Did you chrome the garnish moldings too?

3. Nads

Nads
    from Hypocrisy

Yeah,can't put em on until I stretch the headliner a bit better. I had to chop th moldings and metalwork them well enough for chroming, it was a lotta work.

Just got her back from getting her front end aligned, what a difference, so much easier to steer and she drives arrow straight. Gonna get the exhaust rerouted out the ass end later today.

4. Nads

Nads
    from Hypocrisy

Beautiful day today, took a pic of the '59 in front of my '36 house

[​IMG]

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  5. Inked Monkey

Inked Monkey

6. 'Mo

'Mo

7. I MISS THAT !!

So many fun times

8. Perfect. You nailed it. :)

9. hey nads as always love the elco!

do you have any tips as far as mig welding stainless and potmetal?

10. Nads

Nads
    from Hypocrisy

Yeah you can weld stainless with mig using stainless wire, not the best method but it can be done, I still used the argon/co2 mix for shielding. I welded my stainless trim, you have to go very slow, multiple hot little tacks and grind flat with great care. My trim isn't perfect but it'll do for now.

11. Mart

Mart

Hey, Nads, the elco looks great, really stylish. You made3 the chop nice and subtle and well finished so it takes a trained eye to realise it didn't come from the factory like that.

Lotta pink going on, digging the old house, can you remember the search for pink socks? I remember the advice was to visit the "flamboyant" part of town, something that makes me chuckle even now.

Take it easy.

Mart.

12. Nads

Nads
    from Hypocrisy

Ha ha, the ancient HAMB when every kinda useless info was talked about and the post was still there 3 days later, ha.

13. My life, my life, my life.. in the sunshine! Funkin A Nads, that's cool!

14. Nads

Nads
    from Hypocrisy

Chrome and metalflake, a lethal combination.

15. DrJ

DrJ

But it LOOKS BITCHEN!

Sounds like a pink angel hair/fur slip on dash cover is in order for when you actually drive it in the daytime! :cool:

16. Nads

Nads
    from Hypocrisy

Here's a picture of my Yank Tank and tiny Brit car, both done in the same style, I like driving both of these.
    I finally got my first 'fag' comment on the pink truck, it only took three days.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

17. cleatus

cleatus
    from Sacramento

Gay, but really, really awesome gay ;)

18. burbanite

burbanite

A Consul Capri Coupe, arguably the best looking English car ever...

19. LN7 NUT

LN7 NUT

Freaking
    Awesome
    Guy!

That guy was just jealous!

20. Nads

Nads
    from Hypocrisy

I said, "you're not man enough to drive a pink car." to the guy, he was shaved head Asslicktion shirt wearing type guy, he replied, "I'm just saying that car doesn;t look like it belongs to you", I said "I built the damn thing, it's mine."

That was it.

21. no.scar.no.story

no.scar.no.story

I had a '66 Mustang once that had window screen - the plastic kind - pop-riveted in the gaping holes in the rear quarters to support literally 2" of bondo. The floor pan patches were fabbed from stove pipe. Yes, an art form it is.

22. LN7 NUT

LN7 NUT

Some people Just don't get it, and it's not worth explaining it to them.

Besides, you built it for you, not everyone else, so to hell with what others think it should be.

23. hemifarris

hemifarris

Nads, you've certainly come a long way since you started this thread. I don't think some of the guys realize how much work you've done and how difficult your cuts were to make and match. I'm impressed, very impressed. You should be proud. It looks great. I'm hoping our California buddy gets his done in the next year or so (JUST KIDDING). I haven't seen a lot of updates on his car lately.His will be excellent as well.................Cody is well on his way as well.

Unfortunately I've been having thoughts of selling my El Camino and my '34 Ford Vicky as my health has kept me from driving them since a year ago September.I've got a few other cars and maybe I'll build one of them, probably my '36 phaeton. I have a good buddy that has some great cars and he manages to take my El Camino and '34 Ford Vicky out for warm ups at least twice a month. He's in his 50's (I'm 66) and still has his black '70 LS6 CHEVELLE that he bought new.He's anal about detail.Almost as fussy as I am.

P.S...............Jay, I hope you know I'm pulling your leg.:)
    Mike Farris

24. Thanks Mike.. I needed that! I've been working on it. Nothing worth pictures, as usual. I am getting closer.. to what, I don't know! I appreciate the motivation, though. The weather has been so nice here. Family is in town, an it's so cool to see them. But everything I still have to do, is always in the back of my mind.

25. the metalsurgeon

the metalsurgeon
    from Denver

26. Nads

Nads
    from Hypocrisy

Yesterday in Daytona next to my Miami bro Yaril's Elky, there were at least 5 of them there including Megan's which was nailed in the grille by a 57 Chevy backing up.
    [​IMG]

27. Nads

Nads
    from Hypocrisy

First long drive in years and she did great, fast and smooth.
    That's my pal Brandon's 59 Parkwood up front, he has really long Rasta braids, after he registered I was next and I heard one of the old biddies saying to another, "well, there's a hippie if ever I saw one."
    [​IMG]

28. Nads

Nads
    from Hypocrisy

Bad picture, but it captures the mood of a wonderful day.

[​IMG]

29. Great to see it made the Turkey run! Do you still have the 59 wagon that we put a distributor in that night in a Miami parking lot?

30. Skirv

Skirv