Register now to get rid of these ads!

HAMB T-Shirts with Avatars????

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Chucky, Nov 19, 2012.

1. This is a concept at this point. I'm looking for ideas, participation, legal roadblocks, or anything else you can think of. I dig the HAMB and need more HAMB swag. I also really like my avatar and plenty of other peoples too (don't care much for my user name). I'm wondering about t-shirts with avatars on them? Has anybody done this? Would the size/quality of the avatar hinder this? Also, is there anyway the Jalopy Journal / HAMB could be part of this - being printed on the shirt also? I'm not looking to make the shirts, or profit or anything like that. If it could be tied into a fund raising cause for the Jalopy Journal - I'm all for that. Then, Ryan could get those fancy wheels he wants!

I'm hoping someone "runs" with this and then just asks me -what size do you want?????

2. Got to go to work right now - I'll be back later so see what grew.........

3. Well my avitar has already been used in an Ad and I guess I would be flattered if it were used on a T shiirt. Something you would have to ask Ryan I suppose, the picture belongs to him.

4. turdytoo

turdytoo

Good idea. It would be kinda like wearing a name tag on occasions where you didn't know anybody except you knew the HAMBERS were there.

5. Not knowing anyone at a whatever occaision has never been a problem for me. I'm a shit magnet.

6. I kinda doubt this idea will ever take wings an fly unless you do your own shirt.

Ryan already offers T-shirts,hats and other assorted merchandise in the store at the top of the page. HRP

7. Jalopy Jim

Jalopy Jim

There are stores in the twin cities that take your picture and print them on t shirts, had the kids pictures on shirts when they were little ( a looooooong time age ). You could not put the HAMB logo on though that is copyright material.

8. BOWTIE BROWN

BOWTIE BROWN

Personally , I don't see it happening. The setup would be a killer. We have a store that would do yours though .

9. R Frederick

R Frederick
    from illinois

LOL, I like to fly below the radar myself, I seem to attract people that scare me socially at events of the sort. You know, the real Charlie Manson types.
    Guess that goes with being a tall dark beautiful men such as we are, lol

10. Great idea, maybe not so easy to do.....
    I'm in if you can pull it off!

11. n847

n847

The idea is great...I see cars at shows or races that I know but unless you are standing at your car I could run into you and never know who you are. The cost of making just 1 T-shirt isn't cheap but it would be cool? I was thinking about having my buddy embroider a patch with my screen name for my work jacket that I tend to wear to shows.

Sent from my DROID device using the TJJ mobile app

12. I got a hat that has Pork'n'Bean air brushed on it. I have had it since '98 an Asian looking kid was airbrushing hats A G.G Des Moines and did it for me for 3 bucks and 1.50 for the hat. If you are doing a one off and know someone who airbrushes shirts etc that is the way to go.

13. n847

n847

I was thinking a line drawing of the avatar so it would still be recognizable but ok to where somewhere other than to a car show! I hate those tacky 80s t-shirts dudes used to wear with photos of themselves or their cars silk screened on them!

Sent from my DROID device using the TJJ mobile app

Attached Files:

14. Look Beano,,somebody else hates you! :D HRP

Again,buy a Hamb T-shirt if you want other guys to know your a Hamber. HRP

15. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

I tried to get a poster made of my avatar.:D A shirt would be cool, but only if ALL the details show up.;)

16. I would think anyone that walked around with a picture of themselves on a shirt would be just a little bit lame. :eek:

I have to laugh, I was running around at an event this last year with my porknbean hat on. A fella told me that he looked for me and couldn't find me. Someone else posted a pic of the same falla standing within arms reach of me. I guess next time I go out I'll just wander around like a street vendor hollaring get your beaner here, freeeesh hot beaner.

17. NEWFISHER

NEWFISHER
    from Oregon

Ill take 2, one hot and one for later :)

18. wallyringo

wallyringo

at 3:57am this morning thinking about t-shirts you must of had a few cups of coffee in you allready?:D good idea hamb swag is cool.

19. my wife made me a shirt with my avitar on it using a ink jet printer and an iron on transfer paper. i can get away with wearing it because i'm a dork, you cool guys can't have one.

20. Hdonlybob

Hdonlybob

Bahahahah.......you too ??? :eek::mad::D
    My Brother in Law constantly laughs as me when we go to car shows, as every time he comes close to me some loser is babbling at me and won't leave.....
    Cheers......

21. dad-bud

dad-bud

This is a pretty cool idea, and one that could be a sweet little earner for some enterprising HAMBer, if all the sticking points can be ironed out (pun not originally intended, but I'll leave it).
    I'd take one, no, two - size 3XL, .................. oh, and I'd take one with fred's avatar on it too, (provided it's bigger than his avatar image, that is).
    Haha, :D :D :D :cool: :cool: :cool: :confused: :confused: :confused: :eek: :eek: :eek:

22. Kinky6

Kinky6

Fred, if you make that pic into a poster, I'd buy 10 or 12 of 'em and give them to my buds. :D

For the O.P., just wear your HAMB shirt to car shows. HAMBers will introduce themselves, and web weinies will come tell you how mean everyone on the HAMB was to them. :rolleyes:

Later, Kinky6 :cool:

23. For me its all the freaks, bohos, and greasers. Been that way all my life. :eek:

24. gasolinescream

gasolinescream

Hahaha the amount of pm's i've had about my avatar i could sell a shitload of them!!!!!!!!

25. oh yeah,,,Fred's image of Candy Barr is way up there on the cool photos along with your image is pretty cool also,,,is that Yvonne De Carlo?

Yvonne & Candy were both strippers,,,Yvonne went on to star in television,,Candy Barr made a lotta guys happy.HRP

Last edited: Nov 19, 2012
  26. BISHOP

BISHOP

Add me to the list.

27. I'd have to get permission from Jeff Norwell [again] to have my avatar publicised as it's his artwork. [sp]
    But it would make a helluva shirt...prolly already is a shirt with this artwork on it.

28. R Frederick

R Frederick
    from illinois

I bet that's a real jewel, lol.
    My brother got me this hat last Christmas, yes my wife's name is Tina, lol.:D
    [​IMG]

OOPS, wrong pic, lol.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 19, 2012
  29. This idea really got me thinking.
    Printing one-of shirts of members avatars isnt practical nor will it most likely generate any significant revenue for the HAMB. But I like the idea as I think many will, of a shirt that uniquely identifies you as a HAMB member, associates you directly to your avatar or user name and can hopefully be cool enough to get massive orders from members, well wishers and HAMB groupies across the globe. This particular shirt would have to be sold through the website which I guess Ryan and staff would have to work out the distribution details for, if they deemed it worthy.
    Anyhow, the design is based on those collage images youve seen that uses a large amount of small images to create one single image. Going with the avatar idea, it would use scaled down images of actual HAMB member avatars to create the HAMB logo. Heres a pic that gives a fairly good visual of an example of what it could look like. Wearing these to HAMB events would also help (as stated) to I.D. folks. User names could be written in with a Sharpie.
    Im just brainstorming here guys. Maybe its too "Hokey" AND/OR there may be some legalities that would prevent this from happening. Just thought I would post it up for discussion.

[​IMG]