Register now to get rid of these ads!

Vin tag location 41 ford pee cup

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by LANCE-SPEED, Nov 17, 2012.

1. LANCE-SPEED

LANCE-SPEED

Looking at a 1941 Ford 3/4 ton pick up, the owner says there is no vin tags on the truck. Where would they have been located originally? And what would have to be done to aquire one and get it registered?

2. DirtyJoe

DirtyJoe

My 1946 Ford 3/4 ton had the vin on the bellhousing and on the drivers side frame. Not positive about a 1941.

3. On both my '40 and '41 1/2 ton p/u's, the number is stamped on the drivers side top frame rail by the cross member.
    Maybe the 1/2 tons and 3/4 tons were stamped at the same location.

4. If you see a couple of holes in the firewall they were for a patent plate. As other posters said number is probably faintly stamped on top of left frame rail. It is also on the transmission but DMV usually won't use it from there since it is common to change a transmission.

Charlie Stephens

5. fordor41

fordor41

Don't be surprised if you can't find a VIN no. My '41 Ford fordor should be on the top of the frame rail, drivers side . None on mine.

6. 41PICUP

41PICUP

My 41 1/2 ton has the number on frame by steering box and on the bell housing.

7. 36tbird

36tbird

I've always seen the numbers stamped on the frame by the steering box as 41PICUP said. There should be stars at the beginning and end of the number. I haven't looked on my cars, but supposedly the number is also supposed to be stamped on the right side frame rail back by the rear spring crossmember.

8. metalman

metalman

On my 40 PU the vin is on the left frame rail right at the front C/M. I've seen them anywhere on the rail from the C/M to the firwall, also over the rear axle but I've seen those on either side. If the PU your looking at has a Mustang II it might of gotten covered up.

9. LANCE-SPEED

LANCE-SPEED

COOL, Thanks everyone