Register now to get rid of these ads!

63 buick rear in a 30 a ?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by welded78, Nov 15, 2012.

1. welded78

welded78
    from ct

im building my first hot rod its a 1930 model a coupe on 32 rails ill be running a 401 nailhead. my question is could i use the rear out of the 63 riv parts car i measured it and its about 55in from backing plate to backing plate . its plenty ruged enough and my donor car only has 50k on it . i was going to run a 9in from an early bronco but since i already have the buick rear and its got good finned drums i thought i could save a fair amout by reusing it. thanks.

2. I can't think of any reason you can't use it bot the bolt pattern won't be the same as the early Bronco. HRP

3. welded78

welded78
    from ct

i havent commited to any particular bolt pattern yet so im safe on that note thanks for the reply .

4. Use the Buick drums from the front of the donor car as well! Both ends have 5 on 5 pattern that way. Use the bearing adapters to run the Buick Hubs and drums, or redrill Ford hubs to use the Buick bolt pattern

I agree, the Buick rear is a good choice and I would have no concerns to use it. It will have the four link brackets you need to cut off and clean up the housing, but form a functional standpoint it is fine.