Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Nostalgic Gasser Finals

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by chevydeucewagon, Oct 15, 2012.

1. Looking like good temps for Saturday! Could be some good numbers.

Posted from the TJJ App for iPhone & iPad

2. Looking forward to being there. HRP

3. Geargoyle Curtis

Geargoyle Curtis

What time are you arriving at the strip?

4. Can't wait - Looking forward some high R's!!!

5. Curtis,It's about 50 miles from my place so I'm thing around 10:00 -10:30 I should be there. HRP

6. Man I need to find my plexi glass. Its gonna be cold in the morning.

7. You ain't joking,I don't have a heater but at least I do have glass to close up the big phenomia holes! :D HRP

8. I'll be wearing my long johns :D - Hell it'll warm up eventually

9. love that white willys in video... that thing looks and sounds mean

10. edweird

edweird

not hamb friendly, but this is what i;ll be riding in.holler at me.:D

Attached Files:

11. Geargoyle Curtis

Geargoyle Curtis

We are are leaving the shop at 10 am to go to the dragstrip, which is 5 minutes from us. Anybody who would like to roll in with us and convoy in with a group of old cars is more than welcome to do so. Our shop is located at 120 W. Poinsett St Greer.

12. Geargoyle Curtis

Geargoyle Curtis

Also everybody is welcome to come to the Geargoyles clubhouse for the Gasser race after party. Music by The Monterreys! We will arrive at the shop after the race or no later than 5:30 pm. Band starts at 7:30. Check out The Monterreys here:
    http://www.reverbnation.com/themonterreys

13. 12 more hours and I'll be on my way! HRP

14. Geargoyle Curtis

Geargoyle Curtis

Looking forward to a great day of gasser racing! See yall in a couple hours.

15. Today's the big day,,see you guys later on this morning.

Looking forward to see some Gassers. HRP

16. Just got home. What a kick ass event. Awesome racing. Great rivalry! I bet porter won't hear the end of that one for a while.

Got to see Danny's sedan. Nice.

Thanks to the Geargoyles for the great party. Man what a good time. Good to see all you guys. My ski jacket did te trick. I was plenty warm on the way Home. Windows smindows. Later. Josh.

17. Wow it must only be 10 minutes between my house and Tudors. Just got home that was a perfect day! Awesome racing awesome friends and a kickass band at the shop party. Thanks so much for the pizza and beer!

18. Geargoyle Curtis

Geargoyle Curtis

Big thanks to Quain and Daron for getting the race together! I had a great time!

Had a killer time with the SFCC, other HAMBERs and friends at the shop after the race!

Daron, I can't wait to see your photo's from the race! Hurry up!

19. The Gassers (Quain, Greg, Jeremy and all the others) once again put on a great race and great pit time entertainment! The hot rods from all over the upstate, North Carolina and the cats from Georgia really made for some good between round conversations! Looking forward to some more racing and hot rods after the new year! To Quain, Daron and the Greer Dragway management Thank you for all your hard work organizing this event!! Please keep us posted on the Altered that had the accident.

Posted from the TJJ App for iPhone & iPad

20. chevydeucewagon

chevydeucewagon

WOW...it's Sunday night and I'm still blown away by the turnout this weekend. I'm glad everyone had such a good time. There's no way we could thank everyone that made it possible. Quain, Porter, Jeremy, and all the other gassers made the event one to remember. BUT...the track owner was shocked at the group of hot rods that came out and even participated in the racing (Curtis):D. Folks like the GearGoyles, SFCC, and countless others are one of the reasons these guys build and run these old cars. Thanks again to everybody and I'll get some photos up soon.
    Daron

21. My only regret was not making any passes but I really enjoyed getting to watch everything. The pits were awesome. Mr. Marty started up and Cackled his 90% Nitro Hemi FED right when I walked up. Man when he cracked the throttle on that it is like the whole world shakes. Then all the action in Quain's and Porters Gasser Pits. Too cool. That burnt orange Model A was kicking ass. Who's car was that?

Then there were those unbelievable race cars in the 3's!

That announcer was awesome - He knew the racing and was entertaining as hell.

"Come on now - I need at least 2 Dry Hops!" - "These guys are doing it Chicago Style"

I'll get all my vids up and post some links.

Let's hear it for Tommy - Loved watching that 40 come off the line - most controlled best launching big wheelie I've ever seen.

Oh and whose black and blue Nova that would carry the front wheels 200 Feet? What was in that car???

22. Here is a link to the 18 videos I uploaded - I tried to break them up burnout, dry hop, race

http://www.youtube.com/user/TudorTudor1?feature=guide

I haven't had a chance to fix all the titles and descriptions yet but they are at least up there.

Check out the Cackle Video from the pits. Mark and I just happened to walk up on Marty Wiliam's FED when they were lighting it off on gas then switching to 90%! Pretty awesome. That is one beautiful car.

23. Geargoyle Curtis

Geargoyle Curtis

Cool videos Josh!