Register now to get rid of these ads!

Great American teach in...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by raidmagic, Nov 15, 2012.

1. raidmagic

raidmagic

They let you do it about hobbies too so I went to my daughters school today. I had two classes to do one for each daughter and ended up doing 5 different classes as the teachers saw the cars they wanted to bring their kids over too. It was alot of fun. I had my 49 Hudson, my OT Vette and my dad's C cab we are building to show the kids what a project is like all the way to a finished car. Lots of good questions from the kids and they absolutely loved the Hudson. It was a teacher that brought up the CARS connection on it most the kids just thought it was a cool car. Anyway here are a few pictures. I did it last year with my Vette and T bucket and look forward to doing it again next year.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. KustomRocket88

KustomRocket88

I know off topic, but I love your quote, it proves its own point.

That's an awesome opportunity though! They should be teaching more kids these basic normal things. Awesome photos, thanks for posting :)

3. scrubba

scrubba

How come in our school, we neva got to see kwell stuff like dat ???????? scrubba

4. burnout2614

burnout2614

Thanks for taking the time to do that. It may be the only time in some of their lives they see vehicles like this. peace

5. It obvious that the English class wasn't much help!:D HRP

6. f1 fred

f1 fred
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from mn

7. What a good dad. Nice to see someone going over the top for their kid's class. Bet they all are talking about the cars at dinner.

8. raidmagic

raidmagic

I saw that quote and just had to have it as a sig line, cracked me up:D

Yeah they were really excited and were asking some great questions. After last year they went back to class and have a vote as to which car they liked better. This year I had pictures made of the cars with my girls names on them to pass out to all the kids so they get to bring something home. Maybe one day one of them will remember this and enjoy old cars too.

Man I'll do anything for my kids. Last year all the kids wrote me individual thank you cards, it was great.

9. It takes a lot of dedication from parents to get involved with the schools and share knowledge on many different levels,,even hot rods can be teaching tools,,

Your doing a lot for your kids,,and others also.:) HRP