Register now to get rid of these ads!

Air ride for a 1963 Ford Fairlane

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by ROADSTERJEFF, Nov 8, 2012.

1. ROADSTERJEFF

ROADSTERJEFF

Sent three e-mail to Air Ride Tech with no response. Does any one make a air ride kit for a 63 Fairlane. Our does any one have any pictures!

2. ROADSTERJEFF

ROADSTERJEFF

No buddy has a fairlane with air ride!

3. IFABSTUFF

IFABSTUFF

If they dont offer it, maybe you can make it? I had to do this with my 63 buick. I bought brakets for a 59-64 impala thinking they would work. Nope....had to make my own, and then found out brakets from a 65 impala would have worked.
    How is your suspension set up? Any pictures. Best thing to do if you dont have capabilities of makeing brackets is to find a similar suspension off a different car that someone manufactures brakets for and use them.

4. Bcchooligan

Bcchooligan
    from Mass

Look it up on the search function.....I had a 64 that was bagged....cake to do

5. Redheadedlefty13

Redheadedlefty13
    from Avon, Ohio

for the front i used used ford ranger bag cups that i cut down, took off the spring cover, the front was pretty much the easiest car i have ever bagged..well until i cut into it more

6. INTRUDER

INTRUDER
    from NW Indiana

the back of a 63 is a UNI-BODY.
    There is not much support for bags.
    The front is easy the springs are HUGE and there is an access plate
    to get to them. Also, some makes a shock tower upper plate that makes the job simple.
    the back on the other hand is going to be a bitch, since there really isn't a frame from behind the back seat to the bumper.(No place to mount the bag cups to the top).
    Some guy just do the fronts with bags,tanks,pumps etc.... and hook up air ride shocks to the pumps in back. good luck.

7. INTRUDER

INTRUDER
    from NW Indiana