Register now to get rid of these ads!

Tail light stands

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Jeff J, Nov 1, 2012.

1. Jeff J

Jeff J

It seems like nobody makes taillight stands for the 37 Ford taillights ! Especially that will fit on a 32 Ford . So , well you know what next has to be done ! Here's a start of making the stands !

Attached Files:

2. Jeff J

Jeff J

A little more welding and there done. Drill a extra hole in the stand for the wires to come out . They will mount on the rear frame side to the spreader bar bolt holes on the 32 ford

Attached Files:

3. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

Looks pretty good, I have to come up with something for the rear of my RPU as I have a pair of the same lights.

I think mine will be slightly different.

I also have 2 with no licence light as my plate will be mounted elsewhere.

4. Cerberus

Cerberus

Nice to see some good american know-how.

5. Jeff J

Jeff J

Gona start on the plate bracket tomorrow ! Thinking something with holes !!!

6. Bert Kollar

Bert Kollar

what a coincidence, here's mine I'm working on for my RPU

Attached Files:

7. Jeff J

Jeff J

Cool Bert , working on the license plate frame today on the light. All bolt on. Trying to decide if I'm gona like it !!!

8. I just got done doing the same thing... I made a oval form the size needed and heated / bent a 3/4" strap around this form. welded the ends together. then cut a thin plate to fit inside the ovals , welded them in, marked holes in these "filler plates" for the machine screws to hold the light assy. then welded the screws to the back side of the filler plate. Then I welded this assy. to the side of the body after LOTS of measuring to make sure they are straight. The light can then be bolted on and removed from the car and stand by working inside the light housing without removing the interier of the car when that gets done. AND no visable bolts mounting the lights.

9. Bert Kollar

Bert Kollar

Jeff, I need a license plate frame too. I attached a pic of one I'd like to build in. Hope you post when you get going

Attached Files:

10. Jeff J

Jeff J

Started on the License plate bracket today. Took a couple hours but finally got it done and I really liked it. Kinda went a little backwards but it was worth it in the end . Had the radius arm on the plate bracket it looked to long , so I took 2 " out of it . The last pic you can compair the plate bracket shortened up ! Now I'm happy with it ! Hope the cover I made will reflect the light on the plate ! The 1/4" bolts on the light that hold the plate bracket on the light ,I will replace with button head allens

Attached Files:

11. Jeff J

Jeff J

Worked on the headlight stands today to get the 34 truck lights on them. They have a 5/8" shaft instead of the 1/2" shaft most lights have. So a little work was involved . . !!!

Attached Files:

12. kwhizz

kwhizz

Heres what I did for my 37......Didn't like the stock ones .....too big \\

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Ken

13. motoandy

motoandy
    from MB, SC

^^^^^very nicely done

14. That's a unique and cool look !!! Kinda different but surprisingly catchy !! Good job !!! I'll take a pair.

15. tnich123

tnich123

Nice....I will take a pair as well..