Register now to get rid of these ads!

Another Indy Newbie

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by Indy47Caddy, Nov 8, 2012.

1. Hello, my name is Jason. I been trolling on this HAMB site for a long time, but just now getting around to registering. Love the site, tons of info and motivation!

I have a 55 Chevy. It more of a 90’s street rod style, doesn’t quite fit the HAMB critique. My father bought the car for me when I was 9 years old. My whole family has long been into street rods, and this was the car I’ve “cut my teeth with” as far as old cars go. We started out placing an inline 6 – 235 with a Muncie M20 to get around in it. My father said at the time that if I was going to run it into a tree, I was going to be going 50mph not 150mph. I have rebuilt the Chevy a couple of time since it was originally built in 1994. When it comes to old cars, you never seem to be finish with them…

I also have a 1947 Cadillac (61 series, 2 door fastback). It’s been my project car that has been on hold for almost ten years now. Life’s roller coaster seems to have gotten me off track until lately. The caddy will be (mostly) a HAMB friendly traditional 50’s style taildragger. Attached is a little drawing I did of my vision for the caddy. We’ll see where it goes…

Enjoying the site and meeting new people.

Attached Files:

2. toolman1967

toolman1967

Welcome from Southern Illinois. Great looking ride!

3. Two good looking rides.
    Welcome from Michigan.

4. welcome from the coast of SC.

5. kennkat

kennkat

Hello and Welcome from Twain Harte, California, US