Register now to get rid of these ads!

hemi block hugger headers?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Spicolli, Nov 7, 2012.

1. Spicolli

Spicolli

ok I'm looking for the best flowing block hugger headers to go an a Chrysler 354 hemi. As far as I have found out I basically have 3 to decide from
    PAWs, Sanderson or hot heads.

What have you used and experienced with them?

From what I have read the PAWs seem to have the biggest tubes with a 2in primary to a 3in collector the hot heads 2in primary to 2 1/2 collector and Sanderson are 1 7/8 primary to 3in collector.

any thoughts?

2. 73RR

73RR

The tubes are so short that you would not likely see any difference between them. If the prices are similar then pick the one that 'appears' to be of the best quality-fit-finish.

You might also want to consider the truck manifolds...

3. Spicolli

Spicolli

are the truck manifolds the ram horn style?

4. GregCon

GregCon
    from Houston

I just ordered a set of iron manifold from Hot Heads today for a 354. I'd guess headers would give a little more HP, maybe, but I wanted the quietness and leak-free-ness of manifolds.

5. I used the headers from PAW made by Hedman they were very nice but I don't think they are available anymore.

6. Spicolli

Spicolli

would you recommend the hedman headers over the Sandersons or the hot heads?

7. One feature of the Hedman Headers is that the exhaust pipe flanges are not as long as some of the other headers and give more room for an instalation in a early frame if you want to mount the engine lower.

8. Work In Progress

Work In Progress

My Sanderson header collectors dumped right into the side of my aftermatket oil pan. If you use a stock pan it shouldn't be a problem though. Center sump stock pans may be a problem but not sure.

9. Good manifolds will make as much power as shorty "headers" and probably have less turbulence (Short Collector).

10. Patriot also makes a 331-392 Tight Tuck Header. H8204 Raw or 8204-1 Ceramic Coated. With 2" tubes and a 3" collector, they will definitely outflow the cast iron manifolds.
    [​IMG]

11. 4tford

4tford

I used the PAW headers, they fit good between the rails on my 40 ford.

Attached Files:

12. GregCon

GregCon
    from Houston

yeah, those are the manifolds I ordered.

13. mlagusis

mlagusis

My brother has a set of Sanderson on his 354 and they have been on for 10 years and he is happy with them.

14. Spicolli

Spicolli

the Patriot are nice looking and the price seems OK for coated at 421. The headmen ones from PAW might be slightly tighter!?