Register now to get rid of these ads!

New Metal Kustoms from Kentucky

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by metalliatic, Nov 6, 2012.

1. ...kinda looks like it could be a soap box derby project...but done by the little rascals.......

2. Don's Hot Rods

Don's Hot Rods
    from florida

The company has had such great success with the sedan and coupe that they are now coming out with a line of roadsters. :D

Don

[​IMG]

3. traffic61

traffic61
    from Owasso, OK

I wonder if these guys were involved in the design?

Attached Files:

4. brandon

brandon

:D
    guess the slayer sticker on my coupe all makes sense now:D

5. N2hotrods

N2hotrods

Those boys need to learn how to use an English wheel.

6. 64Cyclone

64Cyclone

Maybe it would be better if they pitched it as a custom Peterbuilt inspired cab...or maybe armored car inspired?? Lol

7. Gman0046

Gman0046

Thats just Fugly.

8. Nads

Nads
    from Hypocrisy

Everybody is a custom fabricator these days, all chicks are burlesque dancers, fuck the time I live in.

9. this was the first thing that come to mind when i saw them

Attached Files:

10. Reminds me of this debacle that is for sale
    locally.

Attached Files:

11. I bet he NEVER has anybody run into him by accident (on purpose maybe).

12. 40Standard

40Standard
    from Indy

this is just too fucked up. is this a joke?

13. Hell no it's no joke. He's got some other models too. I like the firetruck...

[​IMG]

14. 64Cyclone

64Cyclone

Thanks, now my eyes are bleeding.

15. Mindover

Mindover
    from England

I don't get it. Who is buying those bodies? 3000 is not much money for a new steel body but who would buy bits if flat steel welded together?

David

16. neilswheels

neilswheels
    from England

no, no ,no, no, NO!!

17. Has anybody on here ever tried to make thier own body or own design?

18. brandon

brandon

That was a good movie

19. Many body making threads on here, from major parts to whole cars. It takes a lot of talent.

20. do you have any links?

21. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

Rat rod missing rust.

22. Skankin' Rat Fink

Skankin' Rat Fink
    from NYC

Never. Not even if I got one for free.

23. 64Cyclone

64Cyclone

Member Pat Pryor built an A Model based body and started a 32 for his second project. He learned alot from his first build as you can see in his second.

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=514498&highlight=pryor+32

Some forum members jabbed his first body attempt a little but I thought it was very cool since he tried so hard and was in his learning curve. He managed to stick with the traditional aspect of the build of the first one and I can't wait to see how his second turns out.

The problem with the body posted in the op is that is nothing about it really fits here since this is a traditional hot rod site. It is a cobbled together bunch of flat sheet metal that...like someone said...more resembles something in a kids playground than a traditional hot rod. Take sometime and learn what this site is about.

I don't own an A Model or a 32 yet, but I will someday and I have learned what it will look like here on the HAMB.

Read and learn. Find a decent body and build from it. Don't waste your time with junk like that even if it is rust free.

24. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

After looking at it more, that thing isn't even close to a real Model A. It's designed like an old car, without the style. Very poor.

25. BarryA

BarryA

Aside from the (total lack of) aesthetically pleasing shapes there, what I want to know is what all those large flat sections are going to be doing if someone ever got one so far as actually driving it.

Compound curves (or one directional rolls at the very least) are there not only because they look better, but because they give rigidity/stability to the panel. Even so a large fairly flat section like a roof skin will often need support ribs to keep it from flopping around.
    I imagine the sound of one of this guy's body oilcanning as you drive it could be ...uhm.....interesting.....

Scratch building something yourself and including crowned panels doesn't need to be that hard - and you certainly don't need an English wheel (or other big metalshaping machines)to achieve it.

26. 1/2done

1/2done
    from Ohio

It probably sounds like a rolling thunderstorm.

27. [​IMG]
    how about this all aluminum body? what do you think of it?

28. The craftmanship is increadable. The only thing I dont like about it is the door window. IMO it needs to have the window opened up, because the door seems too tall with the base of the window that high.

Past that, good looking truck.

More like this would make it look better IMO.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 7, 2012