Register now to get rid of these ads!

I just bought back into rods!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by TurboX2, Nov 6, 2012.

1. TurboX2

TurboX2

I just bought back into rods!
    This car was calling me for help and as always I answered :eek:! The car was done simple and thrown together with everything that they could find and no detail at all! My plans are to build another frame and go back to an I beam front and clean the frame up nice with extra beef to make a good driver!
    The body will get some help also with new paint and a BIT of smoothing! May even build a top or find a coupe roof to take it back somewhat! All in all the Coupester is neat it just needs my help in making it get where it needs to be! It will not be 100% traditional but, I will be way closer!
    From time to time I will be looking and asking for info. during this rebuild just to help get this one right! Thanks!

[​IMG]

2. TurboX2

TurboX2

3. I hope the seats are the first thing that you get rid of! HRP

4. Fenders

Fenders

Gawd ! Get rid of that red hemmorhoid on the back !!

5. upspirate

upspirate

Looks like it'd be fun right now, but I'd do some changes too as you have pointed out.

That frame while not traditional, nor for a highboy,does look like it may work well for a full fendered sedan later

Nice find

6. pinkynoegg

pinkynoegg

and the windshield frame, then the ifs!

7. Gator

Gator

Wow! That's a lot of exclamation points! You must be really excited! Wow!

8. eddie1

eddie1

Lose the taillights that look like they belong on a utility trailer.
    Looks like a good purchase though.

9. TurboX2

TurboX2

Geez! One step at a time guys. I will address everything as soon as I get to it! I have plans to maybe graft a 32 header to the cowl to rake the windshield and lights do have to go. Seats will have to stay till the time comes along with windfall! And yes I am excited it has been since the mid 90s when I had my 34 and 30 and 38 and 37 todors. And 3 of the 4 are still on the road today!

Last edited: Nov 6, 2012
  10. hotrod40coupe

hotrod40coupe

It looks like it has some potential but you really need to get rid of that gas tank before it explodes on impact.

11. You mean there's a rod under all of that ugly???

12. el Scotto

el Scotto
    from Tracy, CA

Why? Do you worry about that happening to stock 1932 Fords?

13. TurboX2

TurboX2

I would rather it be on the outside than inside with me! 32-39's had the tanks in the rear what gives?

14. TurboX2

TurboX2

Thank You Sir!

15. propwash

propwash
    from Las Vegas

geez, fellahs, give the guy a break. He just bought it. Yes, it has some non-traditional inconsistencies, but it sounds like he's going to be working at it. Before we jump in his 'stuff', let's wait and hear what his plans are.

I'm with el Scotto - why worry about his gas tank? Tons of 32s out there, have you sent ALL of them a cautionary note?

16. upspirate

upspirate

17. roddin-shack

roddin-shack

DUH, Have a look at the next 32 Ford you see !!!!!:(:(

18. upspirate

upspirate

maybe not trad, but welcome back into rodding with a fun ride

19. VoodooTwin

VoodooTwin
    from Noo Yawk

Nice foundation for what will surely be a very nice rod. Glad you found it! Start a build thread, we love to sit around and watch. :)

20. Cool.. Make it better.. Make it urs

21. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Well it's a Model A hot rod and I can truthfully say I probably drove worse back in the70's when I didn't know better.

You might pull the head rests out and improve the appearance of the seats enough to slide by.

I guess the panic stricken guys haven't seen any stock 32 Fords running around but I'm pretty sure that most of them have the gas tank in that same spot. I'd paint it to match the body or paint the body to match it though.

The stock MII front end just doesn't look right on an open wheel car and you will catch flack for that but it's something that can be changed.
    Unless it's a vin matching the title frame I think I'd build a new chassis and drive the wheels off the car while I built the chassis and swapped the body over to it.

22. TurboX2

TurboX2

That is a large part of what I will be doing. The frame I am going to start on will be set up better for a high boy and yes, the color is changing but, don't know to what yet!
    Part supply in my area is almost gone and finding good donor parts is impossible! So my drawing board is open and this car is going to have a compleat facelift and a frametuck! In other words it maybe ugly but it will be all mine with a full spit shine!

23. raidmagic

raidmagic

Congrats on the new ride. Don't listen to all the whiners, build it to suit you. You have a good plan out lined and should end up with a really nice ride when you are done. Good luck

24. Those headrests wouldn't have done any good if the car got rear-ended "cause the passengers would be crispyed, just sayin.:rolleyes:The car will be neater than hell!

25. Cut-Cut-Cut-caddackit. ;)

26. Congratulations. Always exciting getting that new project. Potential is there..run with it. Keep us posted.

27. 1954Bill

1954Bill
    from Long Beach

No the front end needs to go :eek:

28. Thirtycoup

Thirtycoup

Also when ya toss them seats make sure they are tied to them fugly tail lights. Car has tons of possibilities though, good luck on the rebuild!!

29. Zombie Hot Rod

Zombie Hot Rod
    from New York

30. Ramjet

Ramjet
    BANNED

Damn, I'm sitting here laughing my ass off! Your FNG handle just let the gates open and these guys are being brutal......hang around, they're a great bunch of people, love what they're doing with the cars and will give you every opinion you could ask for! Tear it down and make it yours.....