Register now to get rid of these ads!

MEXICAN JUNK,what i found.... pix

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by sled, May 17, 2007.

1. sled

sled

Finally a quick update..this was just today.Been to a local flea market and spend most of the day there between antiques,music,some friends and so on...then decided to take a long walk alternative route between the barrios...luckily i had my camera with me and suddently i found a car storage and scored thru the door somethin vintage..here what was sittin in there ...ask if i could take shots and voila'...SS and manual tranny too.Should be a V8...

Attached Files:

2. Novadude55

Novadude55
    from CA

not my cup-of-tea,,
    but its neat to see those classics still out there hiding:D
    always cool to see what you find down your way sled, thanks for sharing

3. sled

sled

Welcome anytime Nova...actually will try to post quickly some more junk shortly..stay tuned fellas

4. sled

sled

I knew this car for couple years already,and i saw it again few days ago and still looks the same..they did nothin to it.
    But finally i got a doubt ....Looks to me a 33 Vicky...i tried to catch better angles to see the 3/4 vision of it but thats the max i could get...actually i just realized i erased a clear pic of the last shot,that shows closely the back between the columns,oh well...i can go back anytime in case

Question is : Its a Vicky or not???...i think it is

Attached Files:

5. sled

sled

6. LFS11

LFS11

Hard to tell from the pics but I'd vote tudor no vick. But hard to see, always hope.

7. Definitely a Vicky Sled.

8. sled

sled

Trying to go there again soon and try different angle pics ,luckily this one is not so far away
    i never ring the bell and asked...i know some other guys did and the owner was kinda rude...so,i sont want to burn myself with the owner

9. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

gotta love the Datsun Ute. other than the hearses, this is probably the most rare car in the whole thread. used to have a 1965 Datsun truck that looked a lot like this one. mine was a "unibody" like the Ford pickups from the early 60's

[​IMG]

10. Great stuff, I hope you are careful...I have been to Mexico and frankly would not go there now without an AK47 and tactical gear..

11. Salt Flats Speed Shop

Salt Flats Speed Shop
    from Utah

Yep thats a vicky for sure! The rear small bead that continues from the drip rails is what confirms it.

(The 33' vicky I did)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. Itsa vicky alright

13. Sledge

Sledge
    from Nor Cal

Good stuff Sled! Someday I'll get down there for a look and hopefully bring a car home!

14. sled

sled

Well Boston..a norwegian fellow Hamber just paid me a quick visit havin couple days off from his job in the States...he stayed just couple days and we were running from DF (Mexico City) to Guadalajara and back showin him cars and all kinds of stuff possible in this short amount of time...his impression was absolutely relaxed and lot of fun...dont be fooled by the US media,man..dont believe much of what you hear...you're invited anytime down here but you dont need all the heavy iron with you,guaranteed..;):D

Last edited: Oct 12, 2012
  15. sled

sled

Salt Flats...that's what i tought myself...i was studying the continous bead that is 33 only...34s does'nt have it....and your pics are clearly showing the detail...btw,you built up a masterpiece there.
    Mmmm,it means i have to pay again a visit to the guy with the right excuse to bother him..i dont want to be kicked out at the first try,ah!!

16. sled

sled

Hey Kev...you know you're more than welcome anytime bro...glad to load somethin cool on your trailer,it will be in great hands then :D

17. sled

sled

Im in the mood...story here is i knew of this cool Indian Big Chief,(i think is a 46) for a good year or more..the owner is 90 years old and i went to check out a close by werehouse filled with cool cars that time and i knew he had this Indian in this second werehouse

A good pal o mine went recently couple times before findin the owner there and the morning we went again togheter (last week) bingo!!!!...met the owner myself at the first try,and he was so cool to let us in and ckeck out the bike and the whole rest of the stuff (pics later)

Of course the goal is trying to buy the Indian,is sittin there for more than 40 years,old man said ..he has'nt started for long time but except for some incorrect parts its all there and with a cool patina too...

Attached Files:

18. sled

sled

49,yep...you're probably right!!I did'nt even know they were existing is cuch Ute combination...cute stuff!

19. seatex

seatex

How DO YOU do it?????? that Indian blows me away!:eek::eek::eek:

20. sled

sled

Seatex...well,its explained above buddy;):D:eek:....of course its a 24/7 mission,you never end to throw out calls,follow leads and better be focused and frustrated,cause 95% of the leads bring you nowhere...talk of the town works fine,its the best as usual...i dont believe much in internet finds and such,they work but in small very amount in my case...rest is..you never have to be tired of talking with people,and sometimes these are the results.....
    As said above now the mission is to buy the Indian...that's another whole lotta story;):eek:

21. You may be right--not sure--but Ford made some running changes that do not exactly coincide with a model year change. The prime example of that on '33-'34 Fords is the grille and hood. What is generally thought of as the '34 style grille and hood (straight grille bars instead of curving out at the bottom, straight hood side louvers, and two handles per side) actually came out late in the '33 model run, so late '33s have a "'34" grille and hood. So I'm wondering if this change may have occurred late in the '33 model year or early in '34. Ford would change the design of a panel if it cut down the cost of stamping it. Ford would also use up leftover parts before switching to a newly designed part when the parts were interchangeable. There's a reason that Model 40 covers both years,'33-'34. Henry didn't view the '34s as an entirely new model, mostly just some tweaking of the '33 design, with many of the changes aimed at trimming production costs rather than aesthetics.

22. sled

sled

38ford...i fully agree with you on late model year parts been used on a different model year,tipycal for Ford and obviously to cut down building costs...simply i dont think the whole body could be used as a following model year 34 ,in this case ..the bead line in question is 33 only,as far i know...good point anyway,thanks for sharing

23. sled

sled

Rushed these last days to be ready to move early tomorrow to Veracruz ,7 hours from DF (Mexico City)...the Carrera Panamericana starts on friday morning for a full speed week literally across Mexico
    will try to make some good pics of the Panam adventure...soon fellas

24. vividlyvintage

vividlyvintage

25. Novadude55

Novadude55
    from CA

You gonna buy that??
    What a great piece of history,,,
    very cool,, :cool::cool:

26. sled

sled

Nova,yes of course.

im in Zacatecas right now,where we ended last night the cruel Panamericana race..it was a tuff year and another freakin adventure,lots of crashes and couple guys died unfortunately...crazy!!

so,will pack my gear and head south soon to go back to business and this Indian too..i wanna rescue it for sure,no doubt..more pics coming from the same garage,some more cool stuff in there ;)...pics soon,promised

27. sled

sled

Fully recovered and back in action on the usual hunting stuff..more pics soon fellas!!

28. sled

sled

I know this 35 3w since couple years but i just could manage to go back with this guy far away in the province to check a supposed 32 Ford..it was just a rumour and no 32s in there...i tought this 35 was long gone sittin in an open field for years ,but it survived..full project with the flattie mounted and currently trying to rescue it...

Attached Files:

29. BruceT

BruceT
    from Abbotsford

that Indian is sweet,what a find....amazing stuff Sled

30. sled

sled

Also i knew that in the same garage along with the 46 Indian bike there was a Cadillac convertible but i really did'nt expected a 59..Eldorado!!!:eek::D
    That was something else...last plates are from the 80s ,so i assume its stored in there since that long..there are more good stuff in there so trying to find some greens to deal em one by one,probably ...life is fun down here!

Attached Files: