Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 1960 f100 short bed custom cab w/big window

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 56 ford custom, May 23, 2011.

1. Just throwing it out there again...If anyone needs a cab,bed or front clip or parts please let me know. I need them gone asap.

2. johnboy13

johnboy13

I'd love to get that cab but I'm too far away

3. Well I have the ad up in the classifieds. Make me an offer I need them gone asap.

4. Pay for it and let's set up a hamb relay.

5. I can't do much more till the cab and bed are gone. So if anyone is interested let me know. Thanks

6. Now I am trying to figure out the spare tire mounting. I have the big brace that goes under and across the spare, then I was looking and saw this big bolt with a rounded off head on the passenger side frame rail in front of the leaf spring pack. What else am I missing?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. that's odd, cause that wheel mount looks NOTHING like mine, i would just try some stuff until you get it, may take a few runs to the local hardware store.

8. What does yours look like? Post a pic

9. blucarspeed

blucarspeed
    from oregon

heres a different idea.(not to ugly)

10. What was the idea?

11. Well collecting everything that the truck needs before the new cab gets here. I finally received the NOS choke cable, it is super long so hopefully I can cut it down.
    [​IMG]

12. Another part finally arrived ( chrome cowl vent)which I previously stated before. The only thing im worried about it trying to get the rust out of the openings and where the screws go. Good thing is this vent came with windshield washer squirters. So now im on the hunt for the factort windshield washer kit.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

13. Love the cowl vent, I may have to consider having mine chromed when the time is right.

14. Thanks bro! Yeah took me a while to score it.

15. Got a chrome one on mine too..

16. Oh really? Where did you score yours?

17. In the bed of my truck when I got it. Wrapped in plastic :)

18. Damn...well lucky you.

19. Ok fellas I need this cab and bed gone asap! I'm gonna go ahead and start taking the cab off. How do I get the cab up and off without taking off the steering column?

20. Any info or advice on the easiest way to take the old cab off the frame?

21. Anyone?

22. Bert.

Bert.

I used a skid steer with forks on the bucket to take mine off. We ran two nylon lifting straps through the windows slid the forks under them from the front of the cab lifted it and rolled the frame out from under it

23. Damn. I wish I could do that! I might have to pay a few buddy's in beer to help lift it haha.

24. Bert.

Bert.

That was going to be my next suggestion
    Sent from my DROID device using the TJJ mobile app

25. Well looks as if that will be happening.

By the way..Whats the easiest way taking the cab off without taking apart the steering box,column and wheel?

26. you plan on driving it like that? :D

27. Haha no! I'm getting a new cab,bed and front clip (well new to me)

28. Bert.

Bert.

I think I took the pitman arm off of mine and and brought it through the floorboard all in one piece

Sent from my DROID device using the TJJ mobile app