Register now to get rid of these ads!

HAMB Shift Knob

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by lucky23, Jul 26, 2012.

1. Pretty sure its trademark infringement.

2. Merlin

Merlin
    from Inman, SC

Either way yer still gonna loose teeth![​IMG]

3. Copyright © 1995-2012 Atomic Industry: Steal our stuff, we'll kick your teeth in. Terms Of Service. Privacy Policy.
    Powered by vBulletin Copyright © 2000-2009 Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.

Yeah! HRP

4. gilby's garage

gilby's garage

i want a couple... teeth or no teeth..

5. Lone Star Mopar

Lone Star Mopar

I doubt anyone's getting theyre "teeth kicked in" for making a shift knob for personal use.

6. 59Apachegail

59Apachegail
    from New York

I read your comment as make an "original" of "your own". I think if it is dissimilar and does not say hamb I doubt anyone will be looking to collect teeth. I think there is a lot of talent up here, myself excluded. Some home made *non hamb copies* would be a very cool thread. Ill be watching for it. I bought a real cool door knob on eBay and tapped it. I guess I'd be living vicariously though others' talent.

Last edited: Oct 24, 2012
  7. atomickustom

atomickustom

That's exactly what I was thinking - plain round white or off-white knob with the HAMB logo in black or a dark red.

8. I think this thread is about those that are hoping another round of HAMB shift knobs will be made. Not just people looking for any old shift knob. The whole point is for those that missed out the first time to get another crack at a limited edition HAMB shift knob.

And please, we don't need a "What item to do use for a shift knob" thread. There's plenty of beer taps/grenades/brass knuckles/bowling pins/etc. already out there. :)

9. 59Apachegail

59Apachegail
    from New York

Speedy I am one of those folks. I bet if I posted my door knob I get a few p.m.s about who I got it from... But then it's my shift knob in my truck.
    If the mods are fine with it why not have another thread with beer taps? No one is to forcing us to read them. Someone suggested making one and someone else suggested violence, I chose to post. No harm no foul :)

10. Benchdawg

Benchdawg

Are we still on track to have these new knobs before Christmas? I'm still accepting gifts from last year.

11. I was not trying to dictate rules on what you are, or are not, allowed to post. That's a mod's job. I also realize that no one is forcing me, you, or anyone else to read threads.
    I'm sure your door knob shift knob looks plenty fine, and I agree, you'd probably get some pm's from people asking more about it.

Looking back, my sentence should have read "And please, we don't need another "What item to do use for a shift knob" thread." I said that because...

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=306164&highlight=shift+knob

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=738889&highlight=shift+knob

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=739384&highlight=shift+knob

...just to name a few. We don't need another new one.

As for someone suggesting making one, and someone else suggesting violence. The comments of 'violence' were a reflection of the HAMB Copyright that you can find at the very bottom of every HAMB page. "Steal our stuff, we'll kick your teeth in." From what I understand, Ryan takes the HAMB copyright quite seriously, and I don't believe he would take kindly to a bunch of people making their own HAMB shift knobs. The comments were made in reference to the suggestion that members undertake Copyright infringement as a means of obtaining their own HAMB shift knob. :)

12. Blackmaria60

Blackmaria60

It's funny how people get involved in arguments over shift knobs. Lots of us have been on here for years and aren't going anywhere, I think there should be items like this produced in limited numbers; A) So people can feel special about themselves and B) So the makers don't get bogged down in a long production run they didn't volunteer for.
    I would be very happy to buy a knob or two to support the HAMB, like I did the recent license plate topper re-issue.
    Feel free to get a nice HAMB design shifter knob out there again that can be left in inventory. Use the brass insert again, but a different design - I like that dark knob with brass. It looks classy and not cartoonish.

13. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

We are doing shift knobs right now... Limited of course... I never do a whole bunch of anything... And they are cool.

As for homemade HAMB shift knobs, I'm all for em. So long as you aren't making off my brand, I invite folks to be creative and have fun!

14. got to love us oregon guys right a new designed knob would be kool:D

15. Love this design the best...:cool:

Attached Files:

16. 59Apachegail

59Apachegail
    from New York

Speedy I think you should re-read mopars' post he said make your own original. No copyright infringement if it does not say HAMB and is not a blatant copy of an original. Thanks for the links to the other shift knob threads. I guess we should stop with the build threads too since there are so many? Lets either move on or discuss on pm. No point in having this thread locked.

17. Lone Star Mopar

Lone Star Mopar

Actually I was talking about using a HAMB logo, but in a one off make it for yourself be creative and show your support in a non profit kinda way. Looks like Ryans ok with that, and it looks like they're making a few more for those that wanna buy some. Eveyones happy now, Thanks HAMB, you've done it again...

18. Benchdawg

Benchdawg

Do you think the limited run will cover all the requests on this thread or will there be a lottery. How have they been sold in the past.
    I love all the Hamb branded stuff, makes me feel like I do exist in the universe.
    Mark

19. Muttley

Muttley

Only a few of the old ones were made and sold via HAMB auctions.

20. willymakeit

willymakeit

I'm going to subscribe so that I get notified. Howe long before their for sale?

21. I've spent the last few weekends working on them as well as all day today. Stay tuned! They're coming pretty soon.

22. Benchdawg

Benchdawg

Ok ,pretty soon.

Posted from the TJJ App for iPhone & iPad

23. Buzznut

Buzznut

I'm up for one of them but seems like I tend to miss the boat by a few minutes or a few days, so I'm not too optimistic that limited anything leads to ease of obtaining that thing. I guess we'll see how it pans out.

Ryan is dead on about this. I've dealt with all the issues surrounding copyright for decades now and as much as it is a frustrating truth to some, as long as you are not profiting from the creation of the item in any way, copying copyrighted materials, designs or items is not illegal. As soon as it is done for profit, it becomes a legal issue. Personal use does not constitute copyright infringement.

24. B.Sharp

B.Sharp

ttt, patiently waiting. :)

25. Tobey56

Tobey56

I need two for sure!!!!!

26. 5window

5window

Well. I'm usually just too late, but here's hoping.

27. Vintage Soul

Vintage Soul

Put me down for one!!

28. edweird

edweird

i got the firewall tag. i'm happy!

29. waiting for mine :D

30. n847

n847

Man X-mas is around the corner...what else is my wife going to buy me!