Register now to get rid of these ads!

Bought a 1949 Hudson tonight.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by raidmagic, Oct 2, 2012.

1. NEWFISHER

NEWFISHER
    from Oregon

Really nice ride! Color combo is great. I would also do as others suggested, Get it puuuuring, Wide Whites and spend good coin on the interior. Beautifull

2. jazzfidelity

jazzfidelity

keep the visor! pleeeeze!

3. Rocket88NZ

Rocket88NZ

Should be a lot of fun for you and son,with a name like that you pretty much sealed his fate, when I was working on mine you realize how well these cars are made and how far ahead they were of the more popular makes of the day. Would love to see some pics of it.

4. Rocket88NZ

Rocket88NZ

The only reason I took the spats and gas filler door off is that the race cars didn't run them or hub caps, and yes I know they didn't run visors,spot lights,fog lights either. I personally like your car with them on and wouldn't remove them, but your car and your choice of course. Would be good to see a shot under the hood.

5. raidmagic

raidmagic

Ahh good call, I didn't connect the race car theme at first, I can be slow on the uptake sometimes:D

The Visor is staying for sure I love it. I'll post some engine pics tonight or tomorrow.

6. raidmagic

raidmagic

Engine pics as requested. They aren't the best I pulled my back and can hardly walk so I couldn't pull it out of the shop.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. harpo1313

harpo1313
    from wareham,ma

what a nice car ,a real factory custom.on the seatbelts, ive used 4x4 1/8 inch plate at each mounting bolt just to be sure of a good anchor,floor metal isnt enough .enjoy

8. skoh73

skoh73

There's a fella here on the HAMB who has a killer Hudson- I saw it at a car show not far from you in Sanford a couple of years back. Really nice guy too.

9. edweird

edweird

goin to get a 48 coupe in a few weeks. yall ever seen one sectioned.