Register now to get rid of these ads!

##Don't be frieghtened .. it's only the Oct. 2012 Banger Meet##

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Crazydaddyo, Oct 1, 2012.

Last edited: Oct 26, 2012
  2. Bill,

My distributor is completely stock (rebuilt)...am I understanding correctly that these weights increase the mechanical advance from 13 to 29 degrees? I'll check my point cam...I believe it's NOS

3. The FS weight and spring kit will give 29 degrees of advance at 2000 RPM's. The stock spring weight set up doesn't reach full advance until 3000 RPM's.

When you look at the point cam under good light you should see no irregularities. Looking from the end of the cam you should see only 1 definite line at the top or highest radius on each lobe, the other side should blend in. A model A point cam will have 2 definite lines on each lobe.

The ford company recommended checking points every 500 miles until the fiber block would wear in to the cam surface.

Check this out!
    http://www.fordgarage.com/pages/bdistributoradvance.htm

Last edited: Oct 27, 2012
  4. Crazydaddyo

Crazydaddyo

5. :eek:

6. That left a mark!!

John

7. 36Brua

36Brua

8. I installed a B distributor in my 2 port. I have idling issues! After some massaging, we got the weights to work. At 1200 8 degrees at 1500 24 degrees at flywheel pulley. Problem is slots have a rough finish. I added a bit more tension to the new springs, seemed to help some. When I received the weights I thought they looked a little rough. flame cut. In the B distributor in my modified with the Winfield flathead I lengthened the slots my self on the mill so they have a better finish, probably a little less travel.

9. gnichols

gnichols
    from Tampa, FL

Here are some pix of a new build I saw at the Lake Mirror Classic, Lakeland, FL last weekend. I don't have any more details, other than that the number plate on the radiator is only for show, and removed when running. The car appeared to have zero, or nearly zero miles on it since completion. Gary

Attached Files:

10. Jiminy

Jiminy