Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest Hello Mr. Winfield

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ryan, Oct 26, 2012.

1. bwahahahahahahhaa cant blame a guy for trying....over 100 times!:D

2. Welcome aboard Gene! Great addition to the Jalopy Journal/HAMB, thanks Ryan!

Gene is a definite hero of the industry (and a hero of mine). He has done it all, Hot rods, racing, Customs, Racing, Teacher and continues to be a leader at what he does. I am going to have to think long and hard about my question.

3. He was super cool when I met him. When he came downstairs a few years ago and asked who's 54 is this? I said mine, got a big thumbs up, he made my weekend!, I was a little star struck. He also likes to hug wifes and girlfriends:D

Attached Files:

4. pwschuh

pwschuh
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Wow. This is fantasic news Ryan.

5. Mark in Japan

Mark in Japan

I hope Gene lives for another 20 years (or more!!) so we can try to capture even 5% of things he knows that we all value.

Congratulations on using some old stuff with some really new stuff to make a wild dream idea come to life!! (kinda like hot rodding??)

6. Lobucrod

Lobucrod
    Alliance Vendor
    from Texas

Holy Crap! We done hit the big time now!
    Man this is some great news. I had the pleasure to take his class in austin a few weeks back and learned right quick how much more he knows that the collect intelligence of the entire class. Learned so much in two days my head hurt. Can't wait for this to get started.

7. 85 years old and still kicking ass...

Sam

8. catdad49

catdad49

Hey guys, I doubt that it's the men he meets that keeps him going! So many questions, so little time. Thanks for the chance to meet another great of the hobby, Cat

9. when is this? is it one of the workshop deals?

10. mgbtc

mgbtc

How absolutley cool! I've been admiring this gentelman for years. We have made the last three Watson/Winfield shows, and have been impressed every time we go to his facility. We are all in for a treat!

11. Two thumbs up, a great guy.

12. jwoods

jwoods
    from lansing

awwwesome, great news. can't wait thanks in advance Mr. Winfield

13. This is definitely going to be great! He's definitely my favorite of the customizers in the world. I think the main reason is because he never stops. I remember him saying one time that he doesn't worry about age.

14. This thread made my saturday morning great.

15. PeteFromTexas

PeteFromTexas

Very cool. It was an honor to have him come out and help me work on my car!

16. Awesome! It was great to get to pick his brain a few years back at Gambino's.....

[​IMG]

17. A tub

A tub

anymore pics of gene in action, a true legend:)

18. Mercchev

Mercchev

Nice work, Ryan. Gene is one of a kind.

19. flamingokid

flamingokid

Mr. Winfield is from the greatest generation of builders.A living legend.

20. Torchie

Torchie

Congratulations Ryan.
    It will be great to have Mr Winfield be able to answer question and give advice to the current crop of Rod and Customs builders. This is the perfect venue for him as compared to some of those TV car shows that wouldn't know what to do with a true automotive legend if he hit them in the face.

21. glenn33

glenn33
    from Browns, IL

Oh this is gonna be very, very good.....

22. Ain't that the truth! lol :D Welcome aboard Gean...err... Mr Winfield. :eek:

[​IMG]

23. Royalshifter

Royalshifter
    from California

Huge influence on me since a young age...it is really showing as I get older and on my latest project. I briefly chat with Gene at shows I attend. Gene don't know me from the next Joe but he makes you feel that he has known you forever. Thanks Gene and welcome.

24. I saw him at Bonneville in 2009 and made the mistake of asking Gene how he stays so young!!! :) He is a very "bad" boy!!!! My husband said my face got all red !!!

25. Firefly

Firefly

Ha, ha .... that is 'Sir Gene' ....... cars and chicks ..... I had great fun sharing my ice cream with him when he was down here in NZ. Hmmm now I think about it, it seems to be a recurring theme, same thing happened with BobK :eek:

26. autobilly

autobilly

What an honour/opportunity for our little community. I look forward to seeing this come to fruition!:)

27. seatex

seatex

a class act all the way, and about the youngest 85 year old in the country! Great score, Ryan!

28. ramrod36

ramrod36
    from Upstate NY

This is what I call a win - win situation (or should it be win - Winfield). Either way it is a great opportunity for us older members to have some interaction with a true legend of the hobby and for Mr. Winfield to be introduced to the younger members. Ryan - this one is going to be hard to top!

29. Nads

Nads
    from Hypocrisy

30. Did anything ever happen with this? I may have missed it but I never saw anything more than this thread.