Register now to get rid of these ads!

The Monster Garage Chevy Build is on Youtube now.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by TrioxinKustoms, Oct 25, 2012.

1. TrioxinKustoms

TrioxinKustoms
    from Romney, WV

2. Rocky Famoso

Rocky Famoso
    BANNED

Thanks, never saw it, don't watch much TV...
    Too bad it's one of those reality shows.
    Watched it,Okay to take it down now.______;)

3. Rickybop

Rickybop
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Nothin' like seeing some of the old pros in action together...what a team. Nice to see good ol' Norm again, too...considering that he recently got his wings. One of the only MG episodes I ever truly enjoyed, and watched start to finish. Watched the whole thing again...thanks, TK.

4. jcmarz

jcmarz
    from Chino, Ca

maybe 05 or 06. I am not really sure but I did see it when it first aired on the Discovery Channel, just can't remember the exact year.

5. Rocky Famoso

Rocky Famoso
    BANNED

$23,360 in parts, labor, Priceless
    Originally aired 3/15/04
    January 17 - 23, 2011 the Old School Chevy was sold at the Barrett-Jackson
    Scottsdale auction. The selling price, was $44,000.00

6. This episode is worth it, just because NORM is in it. Nough said!

7. htweelz

htweelz
    from Maryland

Without a doubt the best episode ever! No drama just guys that love to build cars and know what they are doing. I just can't imagine the real value of that car having all of those guys work on that car solid for a week. $44K is a bargain for that kind of automotive history.

8. tikiwagon13

tikiwagon13

Any one of those guys could have had an ego going into that build, but not one of them did, legends.

9. scott 351 wins

scott 351 wins

I didnt realize what a funny guy Norm was until I watched this, I missed this episode. Thanks for posting it. $ 44 grand seems low considering the legends that built this.

10. TrioxinKustoms

TrioxinKustoms
    from Romney, WV

I thought it was nice when Norm said something about how he likes to make everyone laugh so that the people around him can be happy.
    Sounds like a he was great guy.

11. scott 351 wins

scott 351 wins

I was thinking the same thing, it would be fitting to put some sort of timeless joke on his headstone for all to read and laugh while paying respects to him.

12. Rocky Famoso

Rocky Famoso
    BANNED

As someone else wrote:
    "Ya and what does Jesse do? Sell it on Barret Jackson after he said he would "take this one to the grave". Whatta way to show appreciation to the legends."

13. ed_v

ed_v
    from Kentucky

It might not have been his to keep. Im sure it became property of the show or producers. That was a cool watch though.

Ed

14. Rocky Famoso

Rocky Famoso
    BANNED

15. Its TV, anything he or anyone else says or does on tv is to be taken with a grain of salt.

16. Rocky Famoso

Rocky Famoso
    BANNED

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/uVZvvOJrvww" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

17. ronotron

ronotron

$44,000?? Is that all. Cheap considering the once in a lifetime group of craftsmen who built that car!!

Posted from the TJJ App for iPhone & iPad

18. Well, whaddya expect? It didn't cut grass, make doughnuts, or transform itself into a fire truck! What a let down by Munster Garage standards! :D

19. shinysideup

shinysideup
    BANNED
    from ruskin, fl

To quote Ryan, "we dont do reality shows here"

20. The show was good, the work was great, and the group of workers was great, but that car was fuckin' strange lookin'.

21. mphudak

mphudak
    from Atlanta

Reality or not...still amazing to see so much talent together working on one ride. I watched the the show and that was the only episode I enjoyed.

22. Rocky Famoso

Rocky Famoso
    BANNED

This particular episode was more a Documentary than your typical reality TV show, what with the likes of Bill Hines, Gene Winfield, Norm Grabowski, Dick Dean, Fat Jack, John Robinson Jr., and Michael Hines doing the build.

23. 64Cyclone

64Cyclone

This is so true, but most of the time someone starts spouting off and get the thread closed. I hope this stays civilized...that episode is probably the only one worth watching as as this forum goes. Kind of historical.

24. Malarky

Malarky

I've never seen this episode and I cant wait to watch it. I always thought that was a bad-ass Chevy. Thanks for posting this.

25. TrioxinKustoms

TrioxinKustoms
    from Romney, WV

Yeah, I mean to peg this in with reality shows is just silly....
    Who wouldn't want to see this?

26. dragass

dragass

I was talking to Gene last year in Detroit and he told me the car was repainted by him before it was sold.

27. 1971BB427

1971BB427
    from Oregon

Pretty sure by that time Jesse was the producer of Monster Garage. He didn't produce at first, but got tired of the goofball ideas the producers came up with, so he took over as executive producer.
    It's probably the only Monster Garage show I ever enjoyed. No drama, and no staged arguments. Just great guys building together.

28. Jay Tyrrell

Jay Tyrrell

Don't watch a lot of TV but that was pretty cool to see those guys all working together. Thanks for posting!
    J

29. Dr.Kerry

Dr.Kerry

Awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

30. Idahorocks

Idahorocks
    from Spring, TX

An old salt I've worked with had a sign on his desk saying he could do it fast, cheap, or right but he could only do two of those three. Even with masters I wonder if this were true.