Register now to get rid of these ads!

Is this a scam?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by rustyironman, Oct 25, 2012.

1. afaulk

afaulk

Definitely a scammer. Let him come to pick up the car and kick his ass up between his shoulder blades. Teach the prick a lesson he won't forget. What's he gonna do? Call the cops, I don't think so.

2. wallyringo

wallyringo

Selling a car shouldnt be this hard, this asshole is wasting your time.

3. jimvette59

jimvette59

If you required a bank transfer prior to pick up you would have no problems. Just my way.

4. sololobo

sololobo

check the bottoms of your shoes, something smells real bad. Guard up and stand your ground, lotta hustlers out there! Good Luck ~sololobo~

5. Jay Tyrrell

Jay Tyrrell

Cash In hand or no car!

6. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

Cash is the deal, Bring it..and we will have a deal, yeah I know some people just dont get it do they?

even if the deal was legit..I wouldnt like to deal with someone this thick.

sold an Rv to a lady that came all the way from Texas to buy it, over 1300 miles. she came.
    called me and asked me in mid trip would I take a check, I said No but there are plenty of banks where I live and Im sure one of them might..i asked her who she banked with, than online found one within 6 miles of my house, and gave her the address and number..when she came and saw the RV was what she wanted and as I advertiesed it, she went and got Cash for me

so any other type of deals are a waste of your time, or at best,.. a risk

7. rally1

rally1

FWIW.......Even his "cash" might be counterfeit. Use a wire transfer only, safest way to transfer funds from out of state.
    Don't ask how I know this.

ken

8. Cashier's checks can come up phony quite a long time after they're cashed - a month, two months... bank transfer to an account set up to recieve the funds is best. As soon as the funds hit move them out and close the account.

9. 54LedSled

54LedSled

I just bought a car on ebay, no issues. The only things my bank asked for was the guys address and name and a copy of the title so to make sure he wasn't selling a stolen/non-titled car. That's it, easy! So....yeah..Very Fishy man. Be careful.

10. without logging into ebay, I think he has a feedback of 8, all smaller items.

I reported him to ebay, and went through ebay to try to cancel the sale, but ebay denied that saying that he told them he wants to pay.

Anybody else been through this with ebay and a scam bidder, how in the heck do I convey to ebay HE is the problem, and not get hit with final value fees or etc?

Thanks guys. I thought something smelled. Now I know.

11. As you might have heard, its probably a scam. Dont do it!

12. charleyq

charleyq

I just went through this type of thing trying to sell a Chris Craft racing boat. Guy e-mailed me that I should open a Pay-pal account, and blah-blither-blather. Told him there were only three ways to pay me: Cash, meaning coin of the realm, a wire transfer, or a certified check. He was an insistent cuss, and I had to repeat myself to get him to give up. One of the sure red flags when dealing with this type of scumbucket is that no dickering of price takes place, someone will act in his stead to take delivery/pick up the item. They rarely give out any personal info from their end, but want plenty from your end. Something else: Avoid cashier's checks; they can turn out to be bogus long after they "clear" and you, not the bank, are left holding the bag. Most banks will set up a checking account for little if nothing, so establish an account for the sale. That way, if funds are to be wire-transferred, no one has to know your everyday account, just the one you establish for the sale. The old saying "Money talks and bullshit walks." though, really holds true in these days of cyber-commerce. Kash is King.
    Charley Q

13. falconwagon62

falconwagon62

In God we trust, all others pay CASH.....or cleared check....

14. falconwagon62

falconwagon62

if not paid within the time you sent, send a 2nd demand for payment, if NOT paid, you will get the credit back...my name same on ebay....13 years on, 100% perfect 503 rating......

15. 5window

5window

There are no RV dealers between Texas and Michigan? Must have been a hell of a deal! :)

16. shouldn't be this difficult. if he had the money and wanted your car, it would be done by now. i'd stop responding to him.

17. LMFAO. It takes 4 pages to tell this guy it was a scam? Funny, if he asked a tech question, it wouldnt get near as many responses :rolleyes:

18. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

Ha , No kidding..I guess it was on her way to where ever it was she going to:cool:

It was a good deal and exactly like the one she lost in an accident, that might have also played a role in her wanting it..

19. F&J

F&J

He is so correct on that, and most people honestly think that a check can "clear".

Talk to your banker.. Checks do not clear. A bank does not get some random message from the other bank, saying that it cleared. The only message they would get, is if there are "insufficient funds" or a bogus check. That can take 2 weeks plus....ask your bank! it is true.

You may get the money "cleared" after a few days, but that does not mean it was a good check.

Each state has it's own banking regs, and in my state, the banking rules hold ME liable for 1 year on any check I cash!

20. Bullshit meter pegged on this one. You're doing fine.

21. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

Man, people need to wake up. CASH!!! CASH!!! CASH!!! Screw a cashiers check. Fuck a money order. No setting up an account for wire transfer. No trading stamps. No free lap dances. CASH!!!

If someone can't produce CASH, on a deal where they or someone else comes to pick it up in person....... NO DEAL. I've NEVER purchased a car with anything less than CASH MONEY. Shit, I like counting it out. Makes it a MANS deal. Like a hand shake.

22. Instincts are a great thing..trust them.

23. Paul B

Paul B

i just got an email from a scammer on the sbc motor i have for sale on c-list, wanted all my info and take down the add hes'going to send check. i told him go fuk yourself scammer. should have sent him fake info instead.

24. 32ratsass

32ratsass

I think Craigs List is also! And yes it is definately a scam. Have had the exact same conversation, except my buyer was going out to sea the next day because he was a marine biologist, so I'd have to work with his "agent", and send him $1000 dolllars for shipping which he would reimburse when his agent came to get the merchandise.. Yeah, tell 'em to go pound sand, and report it to E-Bay.

Last edited: Oct 25, 2012
  25. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

25% of C-list is owned by ebay. you will know when this changes when C-list starts to suck like ebay.

26. Our 55 is alive!!

Our 55 is alive!!

Let him enjoy his congac!!:p

27. Babyearl

Babyearl

28. Rickybop

Rickybop
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I like how the scammer accused you of being a scammer...lol. I've seen that kind of shit before.

29. So basicly a few years ago. :rolleyes:

30. Hotrodmyk

Hotrodmyk
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    1. Northwest HAMBers

Got the exact sane scam on a 283 I'm selling. Turned him into Clist security.