Register now to get rid of these ads!

New England Dragway 10-21-12 Nostalgia Drags

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Church Key, Oct 17, 2012.

1. Church Key

Church Key

The last nostalgia drag race of the season is this Sunday 10-21-12 at New England Dragway. I won't be there cause, I will be at the CHRR. I hope those who are attending NED can post some pictures.

2. Surfer ED

Surfer ED

3. GaryB

GaryB
    from Reno,nv

nice action shots,thanks for posting

4. Church Key

Church Key

Thank you Surfer Ed, for the coverage.

5. Midget25

Midget25

Is the dragstrip still open in Cholchester? I used to go there in the early seventies!

6. Jimbo17

Jimbo17

Connecticut Dragway is now owned by Consumer Reports magazine and they use parts of the old drag strip for brake tests and things like that.

The old timing tower and drag strip are still there but no longer used for drag racing.

All of these old drag strips were great until subdivisions of new homes moved into the area and then started complaining about the noise.

This is the exact same thing that is happening in many parts of the country.

Kind of like folks who move next to a airport and then start complaining about noise.

Jimbo

7. This is awsome any more pics??
    [​IMG]

8. or more of this???
    [​IMG]