Register now to get rid of these ads!

HAMB Helper Pages Spreadsheet Has Been Sent

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by hotrodladycrusr, Aug 23, 2005.

1. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Well I know it's been a long time coming and I'd really like first off to apologize for that. It took way longer to type up then I ever thought PLUS I had no clue my winter was going to be that busy traveling down to TN and working on Big Olds every free weekend I had. With all that being said, I'm really, really sorry it took so long but at las,t it is sent, to those that are participating's, email addresses.

I'd like to thank the over 300 HAMB members that forwarded me their contact information to be included in our own HAMB Helper Pages. For those that aren't fimiliar with what I'm talking about, it's a printable spreadsheet with the contact info of HAMB folks that have "pledged" for lack of a better term, to help another HAMB member that has broken down in their area. Those that sent me their contact info to be included got the spreadsheet sent to them to use.

I will update this ONCE A YEAR, in Jan or Feb. Those that are already in the "Pages" will get an updated copy and those that forward me their info for the first time will get a copy as well. Please do not send me any info at this time. After the first of the year there will be a post or two over the winter asking for your info. At that time, and only that time, will I be updating the spreadsheet.

Of course I'm not perfect, even though I'm sure some of you think so:D , so I'm sure there might be a mistake or two. If you didn't specify which phone number was which, then I just put it in the order of the spreadsheet headings.

Also, there were a number of folks that did not include their email address to get this speadsheet emailed to them. :eek: :rolleyes: Those folks, and only those folks, can email me to receive a copy. Please make sure you email me, don't PM, as I will reply with the speadsheet attached. Once again, if you are on the list, you will get the list. If your not on the list this year, please consider it for next year. I believe this will be a great tool to carry in your hot rod incase of breakdown on the road.

One again, thank you to all those that forwarded their info. Some of the notes you included warmed my heart. You guys and gals are the salt of the earth. Willing to do whatever is necessary to help out another HAMB member and I'm proud to call you all friends.

Work email for daytime use [email protected]
    Home email for nite time use [email protected]

2. mojo66

mojo66

Denise, I wish I woulda seen this before because as you know several of us NW Indiana Hambers only live minutes from I-94, and not far from I-65 and other arteries in the area. We need to be on this for next year. I would be willing to bet that the rest of the gang would be on it also!!

3. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

I know for a fact Mike is on the list because I remember thinking to myself, sure glad I'm not married to that guy and have to pronouce his last name.:D

Seriously, there was no less then half a dozen posts regarding this over the last year. I'm bummed you missed it cuz your location along a main route like that is exactly the type of folks needed in the HAMB Helper Pages. See what happens when your NOT monitoring the HAMB hourly.... you miss stuff.:eek: :D

4. Andy

Andy

I recieved the spreedsheet but I don't know what program to open it with. I tried Word and got garbage. Now it always tries Word . Help!

5. rev616

rev616

i got mine denise.i havent looked at it yet.but i sure do have it

6. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

It's a speadsheet so try either Excel or Works-Speadsheet.(WORKS not Word)

7. Andy

Andy

Would you please please send it again. It is locked into Word and I am not able to get it out. I am sorry to ask but stumped. Andy

8. zman

zman
    from Garner, NC

If you have Excel change the .xlr to .xls and it will open right up.... :D

9. Denise,

Is there more than one page? I got about 140+ names, and mine isn't there. You said 300+ people sent info, so I thought there might be more than one page, or something:confused:

10. Denise-Could you write mine all down with a pen and paper and bring it to the drags>????? :D

11. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Well a huge fuck me to me. I really screwed up. Hang on, the FULL 327 people completed one is on the way. Shit, I hate looking stupid:eek:

12. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

OK, resent the final, final version:eek:

It is a spreadsheet. At work I open it with Excel, at home I open it with WORKS-Spreadsheet. I know nothing about changing file names and stuff like that but I'm hoping someone like Zman can help you guys out if you need help opening it. Or perhaps have your wives help ya out.:D

13. Petejoe

Petejoe
    from Zoar, Ohio

Denise.... my oh my talking like that will get us all excited!!:D

Thanks for all you do for the Hamb. You are a true blue traditional hot rod babe! Sweety thank you!

14. Mel

Mel

Just opened it without problems. If there are continuing problems for others I can see about converting it to a PDF file or something. Let me know.

Thanks for all your hard work Denise! This musta kept you busy... dang!

15. Terry

Terry

Denise rules!!!!!!!

16. general gow

general gow
    Staff Member

Thank you Denise. You are a RULER!

17. Upchuck

Upchuck
    from Canada BC

Andy
    you should be able to right click on the file and then a window will pop out on the side and then you can chose the program you want to open it with and can change it from the one its currently set on to open

18. Roothawg

Roothawg

19. Kustm52

Kustm52

Thanks for all the work, Denise... Now if I can just figure out how I can see it. Don't have works or excel... tried every other program I've got ( wordpad, wordperfect, adobe reader..) ... anyone got any ideas? other than choprods pencil copy, that is...

Brian

20. Grumpy

Grumpy
    from NE Ohio

I opened mine with no problem, and I'm a pc retard.

Thanks Denise, you rule!

:D

21. Thanks for all your hard work!! It will be awesome.

22. kentucky

kentucky

Thanks Denise!

23. Tony

Tony

Denise, thanks!
    Lotsa work, ya done GOOD!
    I had my computer built by a friend, and didn't even know he put exel on this thing.
    Just found it..haha
    :D

24. RoadKat

RoadKat

Thanks Denice but I must really be dumb. Can I do a search for excel? :eek:

25. Nick32vic

Nick32vic

Thank you thank you thank you. Great work Denise! :)

If anybody wants my cell number you can add it before you print it out.

Nick Giacalone from Illinios
    cell- 618-795-5188

Nick

26. Those that do not have excel, you can go to their site and download a free viewer. I have it at work so I use the viewer here at home. ALso Denise I will send my info when you let us know again, I will be glad to help....Jimmy

27. Fat Cat

Fat Cat

Well either my name did not get on the list or you did not send a copy to me as I have nothing in my inbox.

28. av8jon

av8jon

I don't have exel or work either. I tried to open it with something and it won't open it but it won't let me try anything else. If I have a spreadsheat it's lotus something........that's something I've never used but if you could convert it to something I can use I'd appreciate it.
    Thanks!!:)

29. TexasHardcore

TexasHardcore
    from Austin-ish

I didn't get anything sent to me. But then again I've moved twice I think since this whole thing started, haha.