Register now to get rid of these ads!

The Lil' Conqueror"

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by $teamer, Oct 14, 2012.

1. stude_trucks

stude_trucks

This is awesome. Digg'n it. Love the narrative and the photos. More please.

2. Rem

Rem

Wow, great story. The real thing - love those chromed brake drums.

3. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

Love the bobbed and molded rear fenders and the 1" whitewalls. The world needs less fenderless double Z'ed model A tudors, and more with big rakes and bobbed rear fenders! I have the Car Craft article on your brothers "King Kamper" I should dig it up and post it.

4. Butch11443

Butch11443

Great story. Hope you get time to finish it for us. You are lucky to have a talented brother also.
    Butch

5. thank you for sharing, fun stuff to read...

6. $teamer

$teamer
    from barnsville

Ok so now I'm in a hurry to drive the baby! We've all been there right? So I wiggled a coat hanger thru the dash,put a five gal tin of fuel beside me and flashed the puppy.What a thrill!! Pulled the coathanger ,dropped the clutch and launched-but the coat hanger jammed on and as the bucket seat went over backwards [what you're supposed to bolt it down?] I pulled on the steering wheel [crap now I know what that nut was for!] So here I am on the neighbours lawn doing donuts flat out! Talk about an adrenalin rush! Managed to hit the kill switch and get everything back in the garage without anyone seeing it. Never told my Dad and told the neighbour some vandal wrecked his yard and cause I'm a good guy I raked it and seeded it. I wonder if they ever bought the story! Now kids-Don't try this at home!! The car never came out til everything was right-Sometimes you get lucky!
    Then we were off to do a show in Vernon and we won again.Nothing big just the class But the local newspaper had me pose with the Editor's daughter and reluctantly I did. Ain't life grand?Oh yea-check the color of my hands-grease! And she's in white.Got to get this girl thing figured out!!

Attached Files:

7. tommyd

tommyd
    from South Indy

Thanks for sharing your story. Hope it ends with.."I still have the car"

8. TexasSpeed

TexasSpeed
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Texas

Preach.

9. $teamer

$teamer
    from barnsville

As the car evolved we had more visitors dropping by.This was the feature car that moved over so I could fit in the show. Trick !

Attached Files:

10. n847

n847

Thanks for sharing!

11. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

12. $teamer

$teamer
    from barnsville

I just read it about an hour ago. Talk about deja vu! Look at the rear wheels in the first pic I showed-look familiar?

13. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

Too funny! Didnt make the connection till you pointed it out.:D I'll see if I can hunt up that article on your brothers car tomorrow.

14. $teamer

$teamer
    from barnsville

It would be this car! It's a small small world!

Attached Files:

15. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

They really made the rounds, didnt they?

16. Lurk king

Lurk king

$teamer,
    It's hard to put into words how stoked I get from your stories and pictures.
    It just keeps getting better and better.

17. Did your brother pull the black roadster body off to use the chassis for his roadster pickup/camper? Pat

18. HeyyCharger

HeyyCharger

Damn I hope the editor's daughter came home with you in the Tudor... She's a beauty.

Awesome story sir.

HC.

19. TexasSpeed

TexasSpeed
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Texas

Vernon as in Vernon, TX?

Posted from the TJJ App for iPhone & iPad

20. jlibert

jlibert
    from fresno

21. HamD

HamD

This is a great story by both words and pictures. Maybe I'll have two talented sons with a healthy competitive streak in them just like your Dad's boys.

22. Great story so far thanks , the tudor looks boss , love the cowl lights for the time !!

Cad

23. $teamer

$teamer
    from barnsville

Eventually the only thing left of the original roadster was the deuce rad shell .A square tube frame was built,jag type torsion bar IFS, on and on and on! Sorry I don't have more pics of that evolution but last was the best by far-in engineering,handling,and with beer on tap what more can a guy ask for!
    Vernon BC Canada not Vernon Texas
    As for my coach well it just kept getting better. Then one day appeared an ad "Ardun heads for sale -used but complete $175.00" They were mine -like right now!! The engine had to be moved ahead about 2 in to clear the firewall and I had to buy some lifters from California for $1.50 apiece.But I have a reel-to-reel tape on the day I flashed that puppy up! Don't have the recorder but still have the tape-somewhereLOL I put that thing together myself and I really think the reason it worked because at 19 you don't realize you don't know stuff and you think you can do anything.Too bad we lose that way of thinking as we grow older! I guess we just get drowned in paperwork! Sorry back to the story. The Ardun was hot-I mean it was probably putting out close to 200 hp -no mustang or camero could get it off the line! But really the stuff you guys have today-I wouldn't see you for dust! The pic shows the engine in but not running. I say that cause I know you astute critics will comment! I heard two people talking at a show in Portland .One guy says to the other "What are the holes above the heads for?" The other guy says "They're breathers" I wasn't gonna argue sounded good enough to me!

Attached Files:

24. Great stuff ! love reading it all ! many thank you's for sharing for us here !

25. $teamer

$teamer
    from barnsville

Well finally my brother and I had both cars ready at one time! What to do? I couldn't borrow his stuff anymore! And the American mags even though I paid $149.00 for the set just didn't look right and fat tires [indy style] were gonna be in! But you couldn't buy wide wheels so we made some! The rears were 13 in and the fronts were 8 in And the chrome shop did their usual best work! I put a baldy in there and it looked like you were looking into a chrome barrel! Never thought to narrow the rearend-It must have been 8 ft wide! We figured it out for the next generation but like I said before "That's another story"

Attached Files:

26. Rice n Beans Garage

Rice n Beans Garage

Love the wheel offset and cowl lights....

27. ss34coupe

ss34coupe

A set of Ardun heads for $175! Those were the days, bet you wish you still had them!

28. Malcolm

Malcolm
    from Nebraska

Man, what a great thread... Thanks a ton for sharing the stories and photos with us!!

Malcolm

29. $teamer

$teamer
    from barnsville

Found a bunch more pics -now I just have to download [upload?] them.But here's one to keep you interested til the weekend!

Attached Files: