Register now to get rid of these ads!

1961 Falcon Tail lights

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Otho, Oct 10, 2012.

1. Otho

Otho
    from IL

I have a 1961 ford falcon with 38000 miles it was my Great Grandfathers it’s been stored most of its life and I am having a problem with blowing fuses on the brake tail light fuse. I traced the wires and they look perfect. I have headlights back up lights turn signals. the wires look perfect under dash. I replaced headlight switch hoping that was the problem but it wasn’t. Any help would be appreciated.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>

2. shinysideup

shinysideup
    BANNED
    from ruskin, fl

I had that problem with a clip that hold wire to frame under car had worn thru wire.

3. Welcome to the HAMB post an intro.Beside what Shineyside said also pull the bulbs and see if the sockets are cruddy as it may be grounding out at the socket.

4. Otho

Otho
    from IL

thanks for the ideas!

5. crofoot

crofoot

Have seen bulbs short internally,might check that and the brake light switch at the pedal.

6. mikeey rat

mikeey rat
    from Australia

Same thing happened in a few of my early falcons.If you have a trailer plug then that is where the problem will be