Register now to get rid of these ads!

New Here- Hazleton Pa

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by 1950fordcustom, Oct 11, 2012.

1. 1950fordcustom

1950fordcustom
    from Freeland

Hello Everyone, I am new to the H.A.M.B and to the Ford scene. I have a 71 Plymouth Cuda 340, but just picked up a 1950 Ford Custom Sedan with Side Pipes and SBC in it. My Father and I are starting to convert the Ford into a Rat Rod. I will post pics of it soon. I look forward to all that I can learn from here.

2. hotrodgypsy

hotrodgypsy
    from reading,pa

welcome from reading,pa

3. badshifter

badshifter

Lots to be learned.
    Read this: http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=742511

4. 1950fordcustom

1950fordcustom
    from Freeland

Thanks for the invite hotrodgypsy. Bad shifter I am unsure what that link is refering to. Last time I checked customing a car and making it your own was someones choice. And there are a lot of people on here that are customizing their shoeboxes. I am not sure if your post was trying to push me away or not. I'm not trying to come off as a prick, but I don't feel very welcome. But if I miss understood your post, I am sorry and thank you for your kindness.

5. 1950fordcustom

1950fordcustom
    from Freeland

Here is s pic of when I first picked it up. 4 months ago.

Attached Files:

6. Welcome to the H.A.M.B.......

7. Hi and welcome, I'm sure he is referring to the term "RATROD" that is not aceptable here. He could have explained it better.

8. Munster Motors

Munster Motors

welcome. im originally from Hazleton...lots of info on here just dont mention the RR word

9. BOP-Nut

BOP-Nut

Yes, we do not do r@% rods on this site. There are a ton of custom shoebox Fords on here, do some searches and check out some build threads. Car looks like a good start. What are your plans for it? Hopefully something for the grille area?

Welcome from Saint Marys PA.

10. 1950fordcustom

1950fordcustom
    from Freeland

I apologize for using the RR Term. I was not aware. And it will not happen again. The car has gone under construction. I have taken the crager mags off and went back to an original ford wheel, painted red with a white pin stripe on the wheels and a 3 inch bf Goodrich silver town white wall. It currently has a 305 sbc and powerglide in it, I would like to swap out a 350. I like the side pipes, they will stay and just powercoated black. The interior is getting redone with street/speed limit signs(My dad was a construction engineer all his life, they are retired signs) , and I have the shifter threaded for beer tap handles(I work in the bar industry). I am doing the headliner in vintage license plates as well. As for paint, we are going to use flat black I think, its up to my wife. Here is the most up to date pic. She is legal and fully driveable. I will start a build thread soon. Thank you all for your hellos- I look forward to sharing this build with you.

Attached Files:

11. 1950fordcustom

1950fordcustom
    from Freeland

This is the Magic Hat tap handle I used. I like it cause it resembles the top of a cane or something. And I like the metal work that was used to make it. It is something different and like I said, I am in the bar business and I will using this car to promote our saloon in the local community. One other reason why I am customizing the ford this way, is due to funds. I am newly married 27 year old man and my wife is harping on me to start saving money to start a family. So that is why I am going in this direction with the build. Thank you all again.

Attached Files:

12. pugs

pugs
    from Hamburg Pa

welcome, im originally fron the hazelton area myself and still have relatives all over the valley

13. 1950fordcustom

1950fordcustom
    from Freeland

Thats awesome. I like the area, lots of great people and car clubs around.

14. Munster Motors

Munster Motors

i have family in hamburg area as well, as Hazleton