Register now to get rid of these ads!

$1000. or less!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Darth Fonzie, Oct 10, 2012.

1. Tuxedo

Tuxedo

Paid 500 for this boat... sold the parts in the trunk for $250:

Attached Files:

2. Its always been around '64 or '65 some models didn't change much between the years, as in maybe the grill was a little different or the like.

3. Chaz

Chaz
    Member Emeritus

[​IMG]
    This one was a freebie..............

4. Bart78

Bart78

Where you live has a lot to do with it. A thousand dollars will get you a lot more here than in California or a lot of other places. You can get some real good old truck around here for that because there are so many of them.

5. 65falcon

65falcon

65 Falcon (same as 64) $600 3.5 years ago.

Attached Files:

6. Jon SSS

Jon SSS

I got my '50 Chevy 2-door DeLuxe for $1000.00 and a pile of parts. Sold the parts for about $500, so I guess the car would only be $500.00!

7. wallyringo

wallyringo

real cool car reminds me of a shinny black / full chrome Al Capone car. "Bomba car" that question reminds me of a post a few weeks ago "what does bomb mean" I think it would look great restored black or grey. What have you do with it so far?

8. wallyringo

wallyringo

dude Christmas came early for you.

9. MikeRose

MikeRose
    from Yuma, AZ

It's not mine, but a friend of a friend is selling this. It could probably be had for a thousand or not too much more than that. I was wishing I had the cash. It's a 1950.

Attached Files:

10. Rocky Famoso

Rocky Famoso
    BANNED

But, NO Mustangs allowed...
    :D

11. slim tempo

slim tempo

$750. Put new fuel pump and fresh gas, fired it up. Have less than $1500 in it including $100 acrylic enamel paint job. Taking it to Hot Rod Fallout this Saturday.

Attached Files:

• 003.jpg
      003.jpg
      File size:
      475.8 KB
      Views:
  12. damagedduck

damagedduck
    from Greeley Co

here's the lastest one,
    Less than $125.oo or close?never kept track.

Attached Files:

13. SuRfAcE_RuSt

SuRfAcE_RuSt

About a year ago

14. scotts52

scotts52

Thats awesome and a great price too!

15. racer756

racer756

700.00 for the car, twice as much in wheels n tires, I'm in this one about 10x purchase price, and I would do it again.

Attached Files:

16. Darth Fonzie

Darth Fonzie
    from Anaheim

Is it for sale?

17. ParkinsonSpeed

ParkinsonSpeed

Got this 51 5 window for $500 with 2 extra- Grills, front fenders and complete beds in pretty good shape. No motor or trans but the floor and frame are in real good shape. It just looks a little sad it has to sit and wait for some TLC.

Attached Files:

18. ratster

ratster

my $200. merc minus the chop.

[​IMG]

19. Got my 42 k3 for $300. Complete, the rest is in the barn.

Attached Files:

20. Paul

Paul
    Editor

looks like the key is to be in the right place at the right time

you gotta be damn lucky to put a grand in your pocket and just go out and come back with some of those scores

I should know,
    I've never been that lucky

21. A *bomba is a bomb if you are latino. I spent a lot of time around latinos when I was pretty young. And while I am a hot rodder more than anything else there is no reason that a bomb can't be fast, you don't open the hood anyway.

I am not talking hopper here but a true bomb. Low and shiney, maybe a few frills inside for good measure. ;)

I have done nothing with it as of yet. It was second in the lineup until recently. I have some bits for it already that I have been saving for the right car. But I am torn between full on hot rod and full on Bomb. Guess we'll decide when the torch gets lit. :D

* Note bomba should not be concused with bamba which is what you should be playing loud when you cruise: Vamos a bailar a lo Bamba, se necesita un a poca de gracia . . . AYYYYYY

Not unless you got two, every shop needs an outhouse. ;)

I keep telling myself that I am going to snag a '64 Chevelle, I had one once that I just loved. It had one of those old JC Whittney lift kits in the back. It could go from stink bug to mild custom in about half an hour and changed itself back and forth on a regular basis depending on who I was going out with that night. :D I only had it about 6 months and still kick myself for letting it go.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2012
  22. 55Hydramatic

55Hydramatic

I didn't pay anything for my 1955 GMC! It even came with a 2x6 bumper!

Attached Files:

23. Not sure that counts as what you can go out and buy today.

A local guy has a '62 coupe that has some odd rot in it but is complete and he brings it out of storage to the Nationals each year and doesn't sell it for ... I forget if it's $2500 or $3500, but it's high for what it is.

Some have a good point, you can always dig around and wholesale cars or hit people that don't know or don't care what they have and are just dumping it. I've bought dozens of cars for under $1000 in the last five years, in that case.

But I've also sold things as ridiculous as an AA doodlebug, from which I scrapped the rear axle and trans, had no motor, had one cowl side rotted off, to which I added a very rough sedan back body and 4-door rear doors and a couple of mangled top pieces from a cut down, and a rough '35 grille, all tied together with mechanics wire and no windsheild posts at all (although I think I did have a visor for it). I sold that for $550. I sold another cobbed up pile of A sedan parts as a pickup cab only for $400 or $500 before that. For a while there when the economy was good you could just about carve a car body out of a pile of dog poop and sell that.

24. Paul
    For me it is all about networking. It helps to know who has got what, what they want and what they are willing to get rid of. Sometimes you have to be willing to go out of your way to help someone else get what they are after and in turn when they have something that they really don't want they will think about you.

I have a line on a '37 Sedan that was once a drag car that I think I can get pretty cheap. It is rough as a cob and it will be a while before I can do it as there is a couple of other things in the way first but it isn't going anywhere and the fella has as much as told me that it is mine. But I helped him get a car that he really wanted and he really doesn't need the old drag car. It is a somday pie in the sky thing for me but it is all from networking. Be pretty cool flat towing behind the '38 don't ya think?

25. Ester Eddie

Ester Eddie
    from Alaska

I agree with PORKNBEANER up here Alot of guys know I'm a car nut and a few of the tow truck drivers that bring scrap to my work call me or give me a heads up if there is a car for sale .1000 bucks or less is my price range anyway.A guy around the corner has gotten a bunch of old cars from guys who's old ladies "make" them clean the yard .Instead of the crusher they give to him. I wish I was him! My old lady wants my projects behind house .:(

26. Well in Alaska ther is a lot of room behind the house, sometimes you have to fight the polar bears for it but there is a lot of space up there.

27. Ester Eddie

Ester Eddie
    from Alaska

Moose ,bear,fox,and meth heads

28. Its the meth heads I would be worried about. Too bad the junkies didn't stick with herion, those guys stayed too downed out to hurt anyone. :D

29. elmitcheristo

elmitcheristo

[​IMG]

I paid $500 for this one. If I see a car that I am interested in, I stay in contact with the owner and ask for updates. There are lots of people that eventually get tired of their projects. If they know you are interested, you may be their first call. I know that I'm not the only one that has sold a car for cheap just to get it out of my way.

-Mitch