Register now to get rid of these ads!

What makes a Good Car Club?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by tejas34, Oct 9, 2012.

1. SoCalChevy54

SoCalChevy54

Nailed It... Nuff Said :thumbup:

Sent from my DROID device using the TJJ mobile app

2. Two things. Friends and cars. Thats all you really need.

3. metalman

metalman

Yeah, I had a club on the steering wheel of a Chevette, they sawed the steering wheel in two and stole the club!

Back to the op questain. Seems to me the small clubs (limited membership) do better then the big ones. Seems like the bigger the club the less workers and more sit and bitch types, least around here. I don't really belong to any club although several local clubs put me on their roster anyway:confused:, I have a feeling they're hopeing for a "club discount" since I have a rod shop.

4. Amen! HRP

5. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

so, are you thinking of starting a club, or joining one? Lots of clubs out there, with some only allowing certain type people and rides. as stated, friends, communication, everyone help out in some way, etc. lots of formal rules, and pretty informal. dues not needed, can be done with raffle at club meetings and help put on local shows. main thing is get out on the road and go cruisin' but, even that takes some leadership and organization. have fun.

6. rcavaliers

rcavaliers
    from downey

the monthly spankings and rubber hose beatings seems to help. if not, at least its a goood time for the whole bunch :)

7. Atwater Mike

Atwater Mike

A great name on an O'Brien Truckers' plaque!

Seriously...One with a solid constitution, that everyone follows.
    The biggest thing I've seen that broke clubs up were the women...

In the 'old days', a car club was to share ideas, compete at the races (or 'car shows', for the less competent clubs) and provide a community service.
    Gradually, the old clubs became social event gatherings with the 'Jackets of Recognition'. I could name a few in the San Jose area...
    The first signs were the sponsoring of local dances. The club jackets would show up, but the rods & customs got left at home.

Poker Runs were among my personal favorites, but the women took those to a new 'level'...

8. "We" just get together somewhere every Friday night. NO gavel banging meeting, just bench racing and B.S. Also, NO Women and NO kids. It must work, "We" just had our 60th anniversary and of the Charter members that are still alive all but 1 is still active. Works for me.
    The Wizzard

9. Ditto!!!
    Too bad the mentioned things above gets mentoned anywhere.

10. Ester Eddie

Ester Eddie
    from Alaska

I don't think Fairbanks Alaska has a car club .I don't even have any friends that are into cars either .You guys scratch my "car club" needs .:D

11. Owership of a car that fits what you are about.

I used to hang out with a big name car club. I went to a show that they put on. Of the 20 to 25 guys I knew from the club, only a few (maybe 5) actually had a car. They were a laughing stock. :rolleyes:

12. 60galaxieJJ

60galaxieJJ

Come thing think about it we're more of a drinking club with a car problem lol. Good people = great car club

13. "Clubs are for baby seals"

-germ,,,

14. V8 Bob

V8 Bob
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Our club, the St. Joe Valley Street Rods, also celebrated our 40th last year. :cool: Friends and cars, as already stated, are the basis for a good club. We must be doing something right, as most of the present 28 members still meet every other week. :)

15. Guard your favorite socks and have spares for friends. Problem solved.

16. Well you are close enough to baby seals to have a club.:D

Seriously if you have friends that you run with you don't need plaques and rules. Unless you have a pretty hard hittin dude (or chick) there is no way to enforce them anyway.

17. yah...that's my idea of a good friend

18. And there you have it - don't take yourselves too seriously.

19. Black Primer

Black Primer

I think I want to join your club:D!

20. power hungry weasel dick bitches ruin it every time. We belonged to one where a couple wanted to be king and queen and everybody was to do their bidding. We didn't like that. We left.

We have a group of friends we hang out with, no structure, no officers, no money. That's just the way we like it. simple, easy.

21. 26 roadster

26 roadster

rules and club money were the down fall of many clubs, the best I was ever in had only a car year rule to start with and we had a blast. when the rules started it stopped being fun, it now has 23 pages of by laws............... go figure almost 40 years later!

22. BOOB

BOOB
    from Taylor, TX

A good club should have a 6'3" 265 lb mildly retarded half mexican asshole member named BOOB. Keeps you on your toes, you'll always have a reason to laugh and even more reasons to have a good lawyer. I'm pretty sure my club likes me, at least they havent kicked me out YET. Everyone gets along, no need for crazy rules and a kick ass history is a plus. Everyone helps each other out too.

23. paintcan54

paintcan54

Been in two car clubs sience I started hot rodding in the '90s, first club was the best deal, no dues, no meeting, no rules just show up for supper on friday nights and figure out where you wanted to go all weekend, sadily it fell apart with a few members dieing off and some couples spliting up and others just said it wasn't the same with out the other people. the second club one of the second oldest in town, joined in mar. and left it in Aug. every meeting some one had to do their people bashing, and then all the drama over club tee shirts, only good thing was they had $ 1.00 beer and I don't drink. No more clubs for me.

24. Mazooma1

Mazooma1

A. get a group of people who have rods and customs as a common interest.

B. meet someplace and have a good time.

C. plan picnics, cruises, get-togethers, drives to events of any kind just to have fun

D. laugh a bunch and never talk about politics or religion

E. plan future events, drives, parties, get-togethers

F. give everyone a list of names, phone numbers and email addresses

G. shit-can any talk about a car club

H. if anyone thinks that it's "necessary" to have a club jacket or car club plaque, laugh in his face and call him a "fruitcake"

I. live happily ever-after

25. Crankhole

Crankhole