Register now to get rid of these ads!

Sherman Parts Mercury Rocker Panels

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Chopped 46 Ford, Oct 6, 2012.

1. Chopped 46 Ford

Chopped 46 Ford

Came across some rocker panels on Summits website the other day, Sherman parts.
    Anybody ever use their stuff? They look nice in the picture, but really means nothing. They make a lot of reproduction sheetmetal. Just curious.

2. Normbc9

Normbc9

I use body metal fabricated by "c2cfabicators.com" in Detroit. I have had a lot of good luck with some high quality reproduction items including full size floor pans and quarter panels.
    Normbc9

3. F-6Garagerat

F-6Garagerat

Sherman and Associates is here in Michigan, on the east side of detroit. They have been around for a long time,30 years that I know of. Never used thier products but have never heard anything bad either. Wouldn't be surprised if c2cfab gets thier stuff from Sherman or IS Sherman.

Edit: c2c fab is located in Redford Mich. So is TDM Metal stamping. They do a lot of prototype sheetmetal. I heard they do some resto type stuff as well. I work for Ford in Prototype. They do almost all of our metal. My bet would be it's TDM. Just a guess though.

Last edited: Oct 6, 2012
  4. 62rebel

62rebel

RockAuto sells Sherman's stuff; i don't guess they'd carry it if it had a bad rap. i am looking at their shoebox rockers; they look pretty good in the pics. lucky as heck we can even get this stuff in ANY quality!

5. Chopped 46 Ford

Chopped 46 Ford

Wonder what gauge metal they're using? I saw c2c had floor panels too, just always skeptical when the price seems too good.

6. ems customer service

ems customer service

what year make car are we discussing?

7. Chopped 46 Ford

Chopped 46 Ford

1951 mercury 2 door

8. BOBCRMAN

BOBCRMAN
    from Holly

I have used Sherman parts for many years. They are more of a seller than a manufacturer. Most all of the older stuff I get from them is made somewhere else..

C2C Fab makes their own stuff. I have even picked them up from salesman. Out near the X-way. On his time. Their Hudson and Studebaker floor stuff. Tho a bit rough around the edges. Fits great and is heavy duty.

Their competitors stuff was so bad. I don't think the designer/fabricator ever saw a Studebaker. I mean not even close..Plus his price was almost three times higher..C2C Studebaker inner/outer rockers were right on the money.
    EMS stuff fits also.

Last edited: Oct 6, 2012
  9. derbydad276

derbydad276

my cousin is a dealer for sherman products we sell their stuff all the time I just installed a pair of their can corner patch panels on a o/t pickup they fit great
    they also sell from their own website
    http://www.shermanparts.com/ecat/base/index.php

you can buy direct from them and save the summit middleman thing if you were in detroit I could cut you a deal

10. KoolKat-57

KoolKat-57
    from Dublin, OH

Used Sherman sheet metal parts a few years back.
    As with any aftermarket parts a liitle finagling is needed, but overall very good.
    KK