Register now to get rid of these ads!

Sweetwater Hot Rod and Custom Bike Show

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by magoozi, Oct 1, 2011.

1. magoozi

magoozi
    from san diego

My buddy Richard is putting on a charity car show for diabetes, admision is free for spectators and their is a 20 dll donation for guys bringing in a car or bike, It will be held on october 8th , 10am to 4 pm at 3201 Hoover ave, National City Ca. 91950 . I'ts for a good cause so please try to come out. For more info. please contact Richard at 619 862-5728

2. cuznbrucie

cuznbrucie

Here's a novel idea.....why don't you let the guys in for free who are taking the trouble to show up with their cars or bikes....and charge the spectators the admission fee!

The cars are the show......when is anybody going to *get it* and reverse what's been going on forever.......charge the spectators!!

CB

3. magoozi

magoozi
    from san diego

I can see your point, but that decision is up to my buddy, it is a charity show and all procedes go towards diabities research, National City is not a rich neighorhood, so it gives that local comunity a chance to see some cars that normaly they wouldent have the oportunity. other for profit shows I would agree, the guys bringing in the cars are always punished.

4. magoozi

magoozi
    from san diego

I am happy to see that more traditional hot rod and custom shows are being held in San Diego, this is important because a lot of us can't afford to go out of town to shows like we use to.

5. magoozi

magoozi
    from san diego

They will be music and vendors, show is tomorrow from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.

6. magoozi

magoozi
    from san diego

Diabites is the secound largest desease thats affects our nation, and yet you hardly see a charity show for it. The show was great, there was over a hundred cars through out the day and over fifty bikes, all proceeds from the show went to the Diabites foundation for research, and in these hard times , charities are the ones suffering the most. On behalf of my friend Richard, he wants to thank all the car clubs and lone wolves that showed up.The bands, vendors , and atmosphere was great, and I really enjoyed seeing all my San Diego buddies. There was alot of really nice cars and people, My friend and fellow Hamb member Jaime Mccraken will try to post some pictures of the show, if any body else has some pictures, please feel free to post them.

7. acadian_carguy

acadian_carguy

I'm glad you put on the show and you raised some money for Diabetes! My 12 yr old son has type 1 Diabetes. Type 1 has nothing to do with being overweight or not exersizing. They are not sure how kids (and adults) get Type 1.

If I lived in San Deigo my son and I would be there with my Acadian to help raise money for a Diabetes cure!

Attached Files:

8. magoozi

magoozi
    from san diego

Big hurray for my friend Richard Michaels and Sweet Water Harly Davidson for putting on this event.

9. henryj1951

henryj1951
    from USA

we have found that FREE WILL donations work the best..
    as usually (most people want to give)
    I've seen some people toss in a few bucks and AGAIN
    on there way out( because they were impressed ) and the
    Charity cause was posted EVERYWHERE.

:cool:

10. Harell Los Angeles

Harell Los Angeles

the flyer says its the 13th buddy which is it?

Attached Files:

• 1111.jpg
      1111.jpg
      File size:
      112.1 KB
      Views:
  11. junk yard kid

junk yard kid

well last year it was on a different day

12. henryj1951

henryj1951
    from USA

13. Diabetes benefit car show, great idea. We should do this here in Texas.

14. 59wood

59wood
    from Dago, CA

Thanks Harell Los Angeles for posting up this years flyer.. I just want to personally invite every everyone to come down and support the cause. We offer a mixed variety of cars and a lot friendly people, kool bands and vendors.. Hope to see you there and support the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation...

Richard

15. 59wood

59wood
    from Dago, CA

Mikey.. It's and awesome thing to do is to help a charity that a lot of people tend to ignore. Kool thing about our show is that we have the 10 yr old Ambassador to speak to the public regarding the conditions that these Kids go through.. And he also educates the parents what they need to know about JDRF.. What a great turn out we have and the support that people give for the cause is so overwhelming..
    So Mikey.. Go for it my friend and do a Diabetes Charity Show and see the response that you get, is so positive.. Good luck if you do this show..

16. acadian_carguy

acadian_carguy

My son and I would be attending this years show as well. Hope a lot of money and awareness about Type 1 Diabetes is raised at this event.

17. 59wood

59wood
    from Dago, CA

This is our goal Aradia carguy.!!! We want to make some kind of difference or an impact to make people more aware of what these kids go through in there lives.. That is Awesome that both you and your son are coming down to enjoy the day with us and I would like you two to meet Joseph our Ambassador of the JDRF and see how an awesome kid he is I bet both your son and Joseph would get along really well.. This is Kool to hear that you two coming to the show..