Register now to get rid of these ads!

My 57 is finally on the road

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Gearhead Graphics, Oct 4, 2012.

1. Gearhead Graphics

Gearhead Graphics
    from Denver Co

I bought this 57 with my lawn mowing money in 4th grade. I've now been out of high school for 15 years.... So it works out that I've owned the car for nearly 25 years.

Its a 210 Hardtop 2door, originally a V8 car, was Forest Green and Sea Foam to start, had a lot of options for a cheap car.

I won't post pics of the motor as its non HAMB type (EFI) Just a couple of open hood shots, dont look too close. If the wheels dont tickle your fancy, just cover them up with your thumb. Keep in mind I started building it 20 years ago when other trends were cool...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Jay Tyrrell

Jay Tyrrell

3. DERPR30

DERPR30
    from HARVEY LA

Congratulations on a beautiful ride i know you feel good everytime you get behind the wheel

4. Jason455

Jason455

GREAT JOB. Not many people stick with the same car that long.

5. birdman42

birdman42

Badass 57 man.Way to stick with it.

6. Sauli

Sauli

Wow,Nice car!!!Can´t beat a ´57 Hardtop!Cool story, too. Nice makeover, I like Your interior.
    As a fellow owner of a gloss-black car, I see whoever did the body&paint certainly did a good job!

7. 40StudeDude

40StudeDude

Got an interesting mix of eras there -what with the traction bars, the R & P interior, the stubby Lakers and the wheels/engine, but all in all that's a gorgeous car...don't see many of these 210 hardtops around anymore...

Can I assume those pix were taken in North Platte...??? When you going to bring the car out here...???

R-

8. belair

belair

Great cars have great stories. This is one of them.

9. Gearhead Graphics

Gearhead Graphics
    from Denver Co

yeah, Rodger, pics were takin in NP. I need to find secure storage for it before it will come to Denver. My neighborhood isnt good, so it wont be stored in my garage here, that and my garage is also my work area and there will be no slinging of paint near that car! So if you know of a good, safe garage somewhere, let me know.

Thanks for the compliments on the paint, I personally blocked the car at least 5 times, and the painter blocked it several more times before shooting it. The painter is only a little over 30 years old and turns out amazing work. Lucky for me he rents a house from my parents, so got a hell of a deal on that end.

I wish I had some pics of it as bought on my computer, it was a ROUGH flintstone car, floorboards were gone, have about 4 bodies in this one.

25 years took forever to go by, but i cant say it wasnt worth it, car turned out to be better than i ever dreamed it would be back in 4th grade

10. Rusty Heaps

Rusty Heaps

Sharp looking '57 ! I've had my '55 since '84 and am just now redoing it after putting it on mothballs for about 25 years hope it turns out as nice as what I see here with yours.

11. Gearhead Graphics

Gearhead Graphics
    from Denver Co

And yeah, pretty big mix of eras. Mostly just have my favorite stuff from them all, but it goes well together. Aside from motor and wheels its loosely based off 60s stuff. Along the way I got some killer deals on things, like wheels and a 1000 mile motor from a wrecked truck that i couldnt pass up.

12. pasadenahotrod

pasadenahotrod
    from Texas

That is one beautiful car no matter what your taste in cars may be! Congratulations.

13. dynaflash

dynaflash
    from South

I love it. Engine wheels and all

Posted from the TJJ App for iPhone & iPad

14. 1949 caddyman

1949 caddyman
    from arizona

Nice car, no apologies needed!

15. Thirtycoup

Thirtycoup

That is a great looking ride man, nice jobs and congrats to you for seeing it through, it was well worth it.

16. 1947vert

1947vert
    from Minnesota

Great looking car! It's really neat that you have owned it for as long as you have and stuck with the project to see it through to it's completion.

17. 56sedandelivery

56sedandelivery
    Member Emeritus

Wow, you literally grew up with the car. Should have done the same thing, only I was 14 and it was a 56 Chevrolet 150 Bus Coupe, marina blue with a white (cough!!!) interior. Was a 6 cylinder, three speed that threw a rod on the way home after buying it. I had to have a friend drive it home for me because I was still 2 years from getting my license. Butch/56sedandelivery.

18. draider

draider
    from Texas

Looks good. Glad you finally got it on the road.

19. congrats, nice car. when i was in the forth grade i use to help my friends dad work on his 57 hardtop. loved that car. it was black also. i have a 57 now because of that car. i found it last year. same paint, wheels and interior as when it left in about 85. the lady that has it won't sell. i'm still working on her.

20. Hdonlybob

Hdonlybob

Suburb !!!
    What a sweet Chevy you have...and awesome that you kept it all this time..
    Good for you, and thanks for sharing..
    Cheers........

21. eddie1

eddie1

22. henry29

henry29

That's a beautiful car, any before pics?

23. Gearhead Graphics

Gearhead Graphics
    from Denver Co

sifting through old CD's of photos to see if i can find some old stuff.

24. kenmo

kenmo

A fine looking Bel Air...Many thanks for posting these pics...

25. FANTM58

FANTM58

Sweet Ride !
    I know what you mean about tastes and trends changing throughout a project.
    I am working on a Camaro, and have been for 10 years !!!
    some of the stuff I have done , I would not do now , but I`m not changing them either .
    Cant wait to get behind the wheel, and actually drive it ..
    Again,,,,Your car looks Great !!