Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects My 32 5 window build thread..now chopped.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Tony, Nov 6, 2011.

1. PRIMER STUDIO

PRIMER STUDIO
    from Bozeman,MT

Wicked five window...

2. Lookin' good Tony. How ya been?

3. Tony

Tony

Thanks guys.

Been pretty good man, thanks. No use in complaining anyway. haha How about you?

A bit of an update..
    For those of ya that just hate the sight of a small block chevy, sorry..ok, not really :D
    Although i love the early Fords, i'm a Chevy guy to the core..and i love the early 327's..
    I did try and keep it all in the 60's era though because i'm strange like that.
    63 block, 65 heads, 67 GMC blower, Mickey Thompson valve covers with Offy breathers..the insides, that's a whole different story.

Picked up the heads tonight from Big Chief. A mutual friend does my machining and brainstorming with motors.
    The long block is just about together, just have to get the valve train finished up and lash the valves but i couldn't resist putting the air pump on it!
    I have to machine down the upper pulley yet as i'm running a 2" drive set up on it.

Big Chief, these were well before midnight. :D:D
    Tony

Attached Files:

• 331d.jpg
      331d.jpg
      File size:
      147.3 KB
      Views:
    • 331e.jpg
      331e.jpg
      File size:
      175.2 KB
      Views:
    • 331f.jpg
      331f.jpg
      File size:
      150.6 KB
      Views:
  4. pug man

pug man
    from louisiana

Sweet looking mill to go in a sweet looking car.

5. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

Man such a mean looking car, sorry to see you kinda puss out on the engine. Hahahah!!! Holy shit! Awesome!

6. lowtech36rod

lowtech36rod
    from Kentucky

Hey Tony. Glad to see you are putting those valve covers to good use. They look much better on your engine than on my wall!!!!!! Keep it up man! Looks fantastic!

7. brady1929

brady1929

wow, incredible

8. Tony

Tony

Your add came up at the PERFECT time. I have a couple other sets of vintage finned covers without breathers, but knew i needed them for this thing and didn't want to cut em up to put them on..
    I also knew i needed a pair that was old 'cause i've tried real hard to stay away from the catalogs with this thing..It worked out great!
    Thanks again!

And thanks to the rest of ya.

JJ, i'm boring..just another 32 with a small block :D:D

Tony

9. The engine looks great, to bad you'll be hiding it under the hood but sure to raise an eye brow or too when the hood is lifted. Maybe you'll just be know as the guy that has a "noisy gear drive" because you never open the hood ha ha

10. DaddyO's..Deuce

DaddyO's..Deuce
    from Missery

Looks great, nothing wrong with a sbc especially when there is a 6-71 sitting on top! Can't wait to see it come together.

11. Tony

Tony

I could be known for worse i suppose :D
    I'm sure there will be times i'll run it without the hood, or just run the top only. But for the most part, it'll have all 4 pieces on it.
    It's pretty funny though, i've had a lot of guys wonder why i'd want to cover it up. I just think the car will be so clean and simple, and a bit understated with a full hood....kinda the wolf in sheep's clothing thing :)
    Actually, everything will be simple. No outside exhaust, no flames, scallops, pinstripes and minimal chrome. Just a run of the mill deuce.

Thanks fella's.

Tony

12. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

Thats ok Tony, I was dead set on a HEMI, then I went to a flathead and now I'm kinda thinking a 265 now that I found a set of Weiand staggered VC's to go with it.

13. Dat Dirty Rat

Dat Dirty Rat

Hey Tony, Glad to see you putting the blower to good use! It looks much better on your motor then on my dresser....BAHAHAHAHAHA!

14. Tony

Tony

Different blower..i traded it for a non polished one..But they both sat on my dresser for a long time too! :D:D

15. Tony

Tony

Gettin' closer..
    finished up fab'n the idler stuff and ordered the belt today too..

VROOM VROOM! hahaha

Tony

Attached Files:

• 331g.jpg
      331g.jpg
      File size:
      165.9 KB
      Views:
  16. DaddyO's..Deuce

DaddyO's..Deuce
    from Missery

Is that blower satin finished, or does it have a coat of paint on it, or maybe glass beaded? Thanks, looking good.

17. Tony

Tony

Thanks.
    It's an original as cast case i glass beaded, then dusted with aluminum high temp paint that matched the intake. The intake is new, and raw aluminum and it was just about a perfect match.
    After beading it it was clean, but not at all uniform so i had to do something to make it match the intake. It's brighter in the pics than in person.

18. DaddyO's..Deuce

DaddyO's..Deuce
    from Missery

Thanks, I have seen a similar process done on the Web, looks good. They say it's MUCH easier to keep clean from has stains than the raw satin.

19. ModelAPunk

ModelAPunk
    from Buffalo NY

Holy Shit Tony! I cant believe i haven't seen this thread yet! It looks totally bitchin! Magnesium wheels all around!?
    You're nailing the look dude. I love it! Can't go wrong with a 60's Drag style Deuce! Cant wait to see the finished product!

20. Tony,
    Been hanging out in the shadows keeping an eye on this build, but have to tell ya, this thing is looking KILLER & BAD ASS.

21. Tony

Tony

Thanks guy's, I appreciate the nice words!

'lil bit more progress....i really need to find that money tree!!

Tony

Attached Files:

• 331i.jpg
      331i.jpg
      File size:
      189.7 KB
      Views:
  22. 5wcoupehunter

5wcoupehunter
    from FLORIDA

Nice looking coupe.

23. ynottayblock

ynottayblock

Im a ford guy, but thats a bitchin small block chev right there. Perfect choice on the scoops.

24. Oh baby! This thing is going to be over the top cool!

25. Mat Thrasher

Mat Thrasher

What a bad ass deuce! I'm a huge fan of the 60's drag look and you nailed it. Keep it up.

26. I can't wait to see this thing finished up.

It's nasty enough to scare women and small children.

Love it!

27. TMunster

TMunster
    from Las Vegas

Just went through the whole thread, what a killer build! Great work, thanks for sharing the step by steps!

28. Tony

Tony

While i have nothing against women or small children, thats exactly the attitude i was working towards with this! hahaha

Thanks again guys!

Tony

29. That's what I'm after with mine too... It's good to have goals. ;)

30. DaddyO's..Deuce

DaddyO's..Deuce
    from Missery

I see you are running the edelbrock Carbs, what size and did you do the blower mods that are in their manual, or something else? Thanks