Register now to get rid of these ads!

Engine Rule

Discussion in 'HA/GR' started by jhnwdwrd, Sep 23, 2012.

1. jhnwdwrd

jhnwdwrd

After looking at the build of Miss Serendipity I am assuming the Ford big 6 (240/300) is a leagle engine. Thanks

2. 64 DODGE 440

64 DODGE 440
    from so cal

Legal for the SDRA and others that are running slightly more modern combinations.

Not for the HA/GR class..."Rule 12. Flathead v8 or inlines, pre-1962 inline engines with stock cylinder blocks only. No exotic aftermarket inline six overhead valve heads (Wayne). No OHV V8s or V6s."

It all depends on what you desire to build and who around your area you wish to compete against.

3. mudflap261

mudflap261
    from tulsa

it is if you are building a SDRAcar

4. Old28

Old28

I think 64 DODGE 440 hit it on the head, it depends on what you want to build HA/GR or SDRA HAMBster type car and what is running in your area.

I am just finishing up a SDRA car with a Chevy 194 L6 with PG, currently we have two other cars being built or modified that will run a Chevy 292 L6 with PG and a Ford 300 L6 with a C4.

In our area there are about 6-7 HA/GR with another 2-3 under construction and we hope to have 3-4 SDRA cars running next season. So we have a little of each.

Good luck with your build.

5. jhnwdwrd

jhnwdwrd

Yeah, I relized I was reading the build of an SDRA car after I posted.Hopefully I can get started on something this winter.

6. canadianal

canadianal
    from canada

It all depends who is near you that you can race, I am no where near either so my decision was easy to go with the 292 and a powerglide possibly a trans brake ,I am going to run it in open et classes where the speed break is the deciding factor for the class. I might as well be a little competative i am going to try to keep the look though

7. duke182

duke182

The only way you will be competitive in a bracket class will be consistent times and consistently good reaction times at the light.
    It will not matter which bracket you are in.
    Therefore you could build a legal ha/great and still
    be competitive if you drive well regularly.
    You just won't be the fastest car there.

I believe it would be harder to be competitive in the heads up ha/great class than the brackets.
    just my opinion.
    have fun whatever you build.

Last edited: Oct 2, 2012