Register now to get rid of these ads!

1965 f100 with 5 speed question

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by adam5332, Oct 2, 2012.

1. I am getting ready to put a 5 speed in my truck.from what i hear the shifter will be aways back.so what did you guys do to fix this prob....if you have pics that would be great...or do you know of a company that makes something to move the shifter foward..thanks for you time

2. JimSwann

JimSwann

An M5R2 trans has a great shifter location for a truck, bolts to a SBF or 6.

3. Depending on the transmission some WCT have different shifter mounting locations and there is always the S-10 tail shaft swap to shorten the shifter location moving it forward. HRP

4. Ole don

Ole don

If you have long legs, move the seat back and enjoy the ride. If you are vertically challenged, the S10 rear housing may be the way to go, assuming you speak of a T5 five speed.

5. Thanks guys..the seat is all the way back.and it is a 5 speed out of like early 90s mustang...

6. That is what I am using in my 60 with a 302 and will only have to trim the shifter hole about half an inch.