Register now to get rid of these ads!

Jamco's phone is disconnected?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Bigabone, Jul 13, 2012.

1. Incredible! We're buried in work can't take anymore on at this time, thank you for wanting our product and we'll keep you posted. Honest and straightforward. A business model to be followed and admired.

2. 5window

5window

It's too bad Ryan can't put up a warning sticky at the top of the site, but, perhaps that's not the HAMB's function. Always best to do a search here before you order. Eventually, someone will catch up to Jamco. It's really a shame since they seem to have a good product and the demand is there.

3. I hate the fact that guys are getting burned but I just don't understand how nobody seems to research the company BEFORE they spend their money. I mean these are not small purchases that guys are making. They all seem to be able to find the "Jamco is bad posts" after they buy why is no one looking into it before hand? I feel bad for the guys that are having the issues but in this day and age it seems highly risky to send a company large sums of money without looking into them first.

4. Roadsterpu

Roadsterpu

I had a really good experience with Jamco when I ordered from him so I hate to see these kinds of comments. I called Jamco to give him a heads up that he has unhappy customers and the outgoing message said they had a family emergency and the shop is closed Thursday and Friday. Give him another call next week. Keep calling until he answers. I hope he rectifies all issues.

5. deto

deto

Negative jamco threads are almost as popular as making fun of the guy behind the parts counter

Posted from the TJJ App for iPhone & iPad

6. Fenders

Fenders

Not correct, unless it's a new account then it's 9 days.
    Do a search and read about the Expedited Funds Availability Act and also Check 21.

7. 1954Bill

1954Bill
    from Long Beach

I have a lot of help from Frank at Gearheads but he passed away and I understand his wife and brother are running things now they turn out great products for fords

8. 5window

5window

OK, I stand, partially, corrected. In some cases it looks like a bank could hold your check for 5 days if the issuing bank was "far away". And I could have used credit card companies that make a business wait for the transaction to clear. But, I'm not arguing banking regulations. The point is-some sellers will take your money immediately and then wait to send the product. When they're upfront about it and you agree, that's fine. When you are waiting months with no contact, they won't respond to your inquiries and there's no effort to address the situation, then that's fraud and you've had your money stolen. Period. There is no excuse.

In the case of a "family emergency", one is reminded of the Boy Who Cried Wolf. It may be the case, but there are folks here who have been trying to contact the company for months. Months.

9. iron infantry

iron infantry

so i figured out how to get ahold of him even with his "family emergency". so he cant respond to emails or answer the phone but he can post things on facebook???? when he would post things i would leave friendly little comments for all to see, and hey what do you know i got an email that my order has been shipped and that was yesturday during his "family emergency". he even sent me a tracking number and i should have my parts by tuesday. cant wait to see if i got the right stuff.

10. ljcstreetlightking

ljcstreetlightking
    from nebraska

Ok I want to be nice if it truly is a couple of hotrodders in a shop trying to meet a demand ok- but its been 2 years and I'm still waiting on my 51 ball joint conversion and now 4 weeks in to my recently ordered radiator- I get a different excuse everytime. All I know good thing I don't run a professional shop cause I couldn't rely on them. and if Jamco reads this Please I need my parts not just for me, but for my occasional jo shmo customer aswell.

Last edited: Sep 27, 2012
  11. 5window

5window

Hold on-you've been waiting two years for parts, but you ordered a radiator on top of that? Please tell us you didn't pay in advance!

12. 2 years waiting for parts, then you place ANOTHER ORDER????? No offence, but you kind of deserve to lose your money:rolleyes:

13. 5window

5window

Two mistakes:
    1. Ordering a radiator from Jamco after waiting two years for parts not yet delivered all the while multiple posts have shown up on the HAMB regarding issues with the company.
    2. Posting that you just ordered a radiator after waiting two years for parts that still have not shown up.

14. Don's Hot Rods

Don's Hot Rods
    from florida

With the internet it has become easy to check the reputation of a company before you plunk down your money. I always do a search and look for reviews and feedback when I am thinking of buying from someone. You have to get past the first few listings on Google or Yahoo because those are basically paid for by the person you are checking out, but further down the listings you will start to find the true dirt on them, if there is any.

It's a shame, but the days of being able to trust a company just because they exist are over. Now you have to check and recheck, and understand that where there is smoke there is usually fire..........if you see some bad reviews it probably means you aren't going to have a good experience either.

Don

15. ljcstreetlightking

ljcstreetlightking
    from nebraska

OK! to the fuckin assholes who are calling me stupid- I'm from Nebraska - We're not on guard to be shafted everyday like city folk- And when I say something I follow through. I expect the same of any man I do business with especially a fellow hotrodder- Like I said they assured me they were finally done and I would see them soon so I ordered a radiator for another car.

Now Monday I am Calling them one last time asking for my money back, and if not i'm contacting the better business bureau and then my kick ass Attorney.

I will update you guys asap.

16. Don's Hot Rods

Don's Hot Rods
    from florida

We're not in Kansas anymore, Toto. :D

Don

17. chaddilac

chaddilac

I noticed they don't have any parts for sale on ebay either... and haven't in a couple months. The last feedback they got was negative I think.

Sucks I was about ready to buy some lowering springs too!! :(

18. Epic :D

19. 5window

5window

No one's calling you stupid and some of my best friends are from Nebraska :). But, you have to admit, "they assured me they were finally done and I would see them soon" is what you've been hearing for two years-so you believe them now??

It's the 21st century and I know Nebraska has the internet, so you can't really play the country bumpkin on us. Sure, we'd all like to believe a man's word is his bond, but if you had taken 5 minutes to do a Jamco search here, you'd have seen that these folks don't seem to care and we'd be praising your foresight instead of shaking our heads. Again, best of luck.

20. A few weeks ago I got a summer sale email. At one time Jim would reply to post here on HAMB.

21. A Rodder

A Rodder

The have an advertising spot in the newest
    Rod & Custom. Probably paid for in a contract from awhile ago though.

22. Most big name magazines have a 3 to 4 month lead time for print.

23. ljcstreetlightking

ljcstreetlightking
    from nebraska

OK I have all my invoices emails and statements in order ready to go. But before that I decided to call them one last time. Shortly after I left a message I received an email from Aaron with a tracking number for my radiator. Thank god, but Wait I'm still waiting to hear back on my A-arms..... So hopefully here soon I can take back everything I've said.---But for the moment I'm still torqued..............

24. mk e

mk e

Be sure and check the tracking number because you get a number when you start shipping paperwork and that different from actually shipping anything.

25. ljcstreetlightking

ljcstreetlightking
    from nebraska

Ok radiator arrived today thursday- Nice - and I'm in contact with the owners son at Jamco- he emailed me his dad got involved and some employees got yeld at and he went to the manufacturer to get things sped up. So everything seems to be turning around. So moral of the story if there is any problems don't stop til you talk to the boss!

Or.... maybe its just me- went to install radiator and Speedway's pass side pump is a little overr an 1/8 inch off WTF!!!!? If I had a nickel for every back order, incorrect, or missing part..............My Mom always said I was unique--- but Damn

Last edited: Sep 27, 2012
  26. Atwater Mike

Atwater Mike

This is all new to me...Got these swell catalogs in front of me, all I have to do is order, order, order! ...and things will show up, ready-chromed, and everything will fit!
    I can sell my torch, lathe, and grinders! I can order stuff that FITS!

This shit is laughable.

27. I am still waiting for my Quadrajet hat, one size fits all ... next time I am going with Holley.

28. Cyberdyne

Cyberdyne
    from Olathe, KS

Well, I can tell you we have called them at least a dozen times (yes, their message has changed requesting you now email them concerning issues), so I guess they are tired of the phones ringing. We have emailed them several times. STILL no response. Our order is cancelled and we have the emails and phone calls to prove it.
    My business is now going to Dave Gulley at Drop'em and Stop'em.

Hopefully, JAMCO will get their act together... however, changing your Voice Message is not a solution. IF they are working to keep the business together they NEED to have someone answer the phone and speak to us directly.

"he emailed me his dad got involved and some employees got yeld at and he went to the manufacturer to get things sped up"
    If the boss is just now getting involved, yelling at employees, etc... that seems a little too late and tells me the "boss" isn't involved in the daily operations of the JAMCO company.

I will be interested to see how it all unfolds, I wish them the best of luck.

29. 5window

5window

[QUOTE I will be interested to see how it all unfolds, I wish them the best of luck.[/QUOTE]

I think at this time it's more likely to fold up than unfold. It's too bad, because by all reports, they had a great product. This, they did to themselves. Sad,really.