Register now to get rid of these ads!

History dirt track racer from El Paso

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by fleetbob50, Sep 27, 2012.

1. fleetbob50

fleetbob50
    from Waco,Texas

back in the mid 1950's there was an Indian who raced out of El Paso, Texas
    by the name of Johnny Blue Jacket. He also raced at least once at the Devils Bowl in Dallas during that period. Any info would be appreciated. If there is any place on the net to track this down it will be on the HAMB for sure.
    thanks for your help on this one

fleetbob50
    Waco,Texas

2. Drive Em

Drive Em

I have never heard of him and I have done quite a bit of research into circle track racing for a possible book about the history of circle track in this area, but I will try to find out. Unfortunately, we have lost three racers from that era this year who could have known him -Ralph Adams, Dyno Don Pierce and last week Gus Carney. Do you know any of the race tracks that he raced at? In the 50's, around here there was Evan's Oval and El Paso Speedway.

3. fleetbob50

fleetbob50
    from Waco,Texas

All I know is , his name came up during a discussion with a car owner from the era that lives here in Waco, he's still plenty sharp mentally and so we were just curious about the guy. He may have driven a '34 ford coupe but then so did half the other racers back then. Thanks for lookin