Register now to get rid of these ads!

Gasser Round Up 2012 Lompoc, Ca.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Panneton Bros. Racing, Jul 17, 2012.

1. View attachment Bad Ass Willyszzzz 1.bmp Ok eveyone, time to start planning for this one! Oct 12-13 The Muro Family & Hot Rod Ranch will host the 3rd Annual Gasser Round Up at the Muro Family Ranch in beautiful Lompoc Ca. This is great little get together in a cool little farming community just five miles from the Pacific ocean. On Friday the 12th there will be a cruise in hosted by the Lompoc Valley Racing Assoc. at the abandoned art deco style car dealership on H street. This cool old dealership has become a "hub of operations" for the this great group who is currently in a successful persuit of having a racing facility built in Lompoc (drag strip, circle track, and motocross)and they and the city have even started doing a little restoration on the dealership to make it more user friendly. If you get into town early, we usually meet at The Hot Rod Ranch first where you can unload you car if it is trailered and check out the builds going on in the shop. Saturday we all meet at the original ranch (Mom & Dad Muro's house) for home made taco's, beer, and lots of bench racing/visiting & BS sessions. Saturday evening brings the "after party" along with some impromptu "gear bang'n passes" on the loooong two lane highway that passes by the ranch. This year careful planning has made sure that the "Round Up" would not interfere with other cruises etc. In fact if your in for a 3 week blast, you can go to the "Eagle Field Drags the weekend prior, and the Hot Rod Reuinion @ Bakersfield the week after! For all you guys/gals coming from over sea's or out of town for the Hot Rod Reunion, this would be a fantastic 3 week Carpalusa!

2. PS. I forgot to mention, this gathering is NOT limited to just Gassers! Everyone is welcome, Hot Rods, Customs, Muscle Cars, Street Rods, Trucks, Vintage style motorcycles etc, and if you don't have one, come hang out and meet some cool people.:)

3. Bigran57fan

Bigran57fan
    from Norco

4. You won't regret it. Come up friday if you can for the cruise, nothing like Gassers etc taking over the streets. There is a Comfort Inn on H street that is pretty reasonable. We like to stay friday and saturday night. Get up sunday morning, have some breakfast, and take a nice drive home along the coast. If you've never been to Carpinteria, its also a cool little beach town to gas up, eat, or just visit on the way home. Couple pics from last year. IMAG0321.jpg

IMAG0322.jpg

IMAG0311.jpg

IMAG0319.jpg

5. waterhorse

waterhorse

I was there and saw it this week, nice work guys.
    We'll be there in Oct.

Greg

Last edited: Jul 19, 2012
  6. gasserjohn

gasserjohn

7. Bring it up to the Ranch GasserJohn, you'll have fun.

8. Gasser1961

Gasser1961
    BANNED

Is this event geared more toward street driven gassers or are race cars cool?

9. pvduke

pvduke
    from SoCal

Bump n' 'scribed.

10. Everything!, Gasser1961, bring your war bird, its a good time, and we can talk about your gasser class progress. Come friday and support the racetrack efforts. This town/community is very appreciative of those who support them. The saturday get together is really cool.

11. ottos

ottos

Made reservations so I can make it there. And yes Im gonna bring my 55..this maybe its first showing...

12. 5 weeks and counting. Come out, you won't regret it!

13. ottos

ottos

oh damb.....i need volunteers to help me with my car ....I think I can I think I can....lol...

14. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

so, what is address of Muro Family Ranch? sounds like a cool event

15. 250 San Pasqual Rd. Lompoc, Ca. 93436. (805)757-1765 Check out the flyer on the Hot Rod Ranch website.

16. 55 gasser pickup

55 gasser pickup
    from utah

Sombody take some videos please!Just for us that cant make it.

17. Absolutely

18. Jay Tyrrell

Jay Tyrrell

I agree take some video and youtube it man! PM me when you post it! ;)
    J

19. Butch M

Butch M

Bump for ya wish I could go.......

20. Thanks Butch, wish you could too. I'm taken a "GoPro" camera/video deal with us this time, should have some fun stuff to watch. 2 week and counting, remember, if your coming out early for the Hot Rod Reunion, this is the weekend before, ought to be a nice warm up, and if ya got 3 weekends to spare, hit the Eagle Field drags next weekend.

21. superchargedill

superchargedill

Wish I could afford to make another trip to Cali. Just got back from the Route 66 Rendezvous. Have fun and take lots of pics of the gassers for us.

22. tofords

tofords

Great show, can't wait . last year I drove my 32 hiboy great time

Attached Files: