Register now to get rid of these ads!

cool intake and carbs for sbc?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Duration, Dec 13, 2006.

1. i'ld like to see one of these all carbed up..... 8 webers.jpg

2. mow too much

mow too much

I see your 4 and raise you 5 :D:D:D:D:D This set up is very neat.a work of art.:)

3. Del Clark

Del Clark
    from DeLand,FL

All are good choices but if you want it to run and run good...put a 4 barrel on it and leave it alone.:D

4. BrandonB

BrandonB
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from nor cal

5. A-Bomb

A-Bomb

355 sbc, 10.0 compression, magnum 270 Comp Cams, 2.02 valves, 1.5 Full roller rockers, Muncie 4 speed, 3.40 rear gears, Edelbrock c-26 intake and 500 cfm carbs with progressive linkage. Unbeatable fun to drive at WOT and also gets 20 mpg cruising down the interstate at 60 mph in a steel model A coupe ! I did "downjet" both carbs two stages on both primarys and secondarys from stock using the edelbrock guide. This made the motor run a lot "crisper"....

Attached Files:

6. strombergs97

strombergs97
    from California

Here is one I built. Works great.
    Duane.

Attached Files:

7. aahh i see your 2x4 intake is wider spaced than mine!

8. well nothing i guess, except that if your put the effort into making an intake setup that is different and it ends up looking just like a pre existing setup then the point is kinda lost i guess...

9. Ian Berky

Ian Berky

Quick question, i've seen a few oil filler tubes with a hose hooked up to them. Is that PCV valve, if not, what is it? My neighbor keeps telling me that i could run one out of the filler tube so i dont have to drill into my manifold. Let me know what you think!! Thanx

Ian

10. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

If you intend to drive it a lot an a lot of miles, one four, two fours (my choice) or three twos.

The early Corvette 2x4 intake with the small carters looks proper and can be tuned for easy street driving without a hassle.

But then if you aren't interested in trouble free driving and would rather do the "hey look at my wild carbs and intake" head on with the four or six carb setups.

I had that two four setup on my 57 Panel with a stout 327 in it an it was pretty trouble free even though it never saw a gas station it didn't like. With the same carb setup on my 283 in my T bucket I got decent mileage if I kept my foot out of it and again no tuning trouble.

11. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

That is what he has. note the closed cap on the filler tube and the breathers on the outsides of the valve covers.

You don't even have to modify a tube if you want to spend 30 bucks plus the ride.
    http://www.ecklerschevelle.com/prod...Froogle-_-Engine+&+Related+-+Oil-_-606727-_-X

12. Deuces

Deuces

Cool thread!!...
    Love all the pictures...:cool:

13. mgtstumpy

mgtstumpy

My old 6x2 log manifold and my new 6x2 crossram

Attached Files:

14. Ned Ludd

Ned Ludd

Two (or three!) rear-facing SU HS8s on a fabricated manifold or adapter. Here is a stock MGB V8 for comparison:
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 26, 2012
  15. A tub

A tub

i like the staggered 4x2 set ups, look great and 2 carbs cheaper than 6x2s, with same amount of wow factor:D

16. wingman9

wingman9
    from left coast

Ah, the voice of reason. Definitely the way to go, but even that can be screwed up with a manifold choice like the Edelbrock Smokey Ram - which I really like.

Attached Files:

17. Bigcheese327

Bigcheese327

I've always been a fan of the Corvette 2x4 intake with the smaller, WCFB carburetors. The Offy 3x2 looks good also, whether with Strombergs or Rochesters.