Register now to get rid of these ads!

what you think its worth???

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by shtterbug8, Sep 17, 2012.

1. shtterbug8

shtterbug8

[​IMG]

just a rough idea of what you guys think this is worth. im having a hard time pricing this....here is what im thinking

$200 cowl
    $100 doors
    $250 each quarter
    so ... 800$ sound about right? just curious...

usually i dont sell my stuff. im a hoarder. but times are tough and i need the money.

2. 60galaxieJJ

60galaxieJJ

That's sounds about right for prices up here. If you were closer I'd have a tough time not buying it

3. shtterbug8

shtterbug8

im thinking about doing some extra work to it so i can get extra bones for it. or should i leave it be and sell as is?

4. henry29

henry29

That seems a little high for this area,

It looks like very rough 30-31 cowl and doors, with willys or chevy quarters.
    Is it just mocked up?

Looks like its all just stuck together with no latches, or hinges.

It really looks more like $300- $400 from here.

5. The37Kid

The37Kid

What is it? Looks like a 30-31 Ford cowl and doors reversed, the rear quarters are offsomething unknown to me. If the make of the rear quarters is known they may have more value, but sell the unit as is otherwise you are left with a cowl and doors. Bob

6. shtterbug8

shtterbug8

the cowl and doors are 31 ford. the passanger side panel on the cowl was cut off by previous owner. besides that cowl is decent. gas tank is solid and will hold gas.

doors are solid and has all internals in them. have complete hinges to have doors open up sucide. door latches are complete.

the rear quarters are what i was told...28 chevy but is very close to the 31 ford body line. one can FAKE the body line to make it look simialar to the ford body line.

would it be worth more if i finished the body out where the doors opened up and was atleast in black primer?

7. The37Kid

The37Kid

NO! Not to me and many others, buying it as is lets the buyer know what is there, primer tells me things are being hidden. Besides, any time you spend on it is time (and Money) you won't recover. Bob :)

8. The way it is setting it isn't worth 400 or 500 bucks, maybe if you turn it into aprts and part it out but when you are selling it as a whole it isn't the same as parting it out.

9. Don`t paint it in any primer,It`s always nice to see what your buying. $800.00 is as good a starting point as any.

10. when I look at it I can see that it is a sport coupe with perforated doors, at least the bottom half of one side of the cowl missing ans no rof or deck lid.

Is that a bad thing? not for someone like me who is always looking for a bargain, but it is going to take a lot of work as it is to become anything and when you are buying a body you are not buying the parts of the body so you can't expect someone to pay you what the separate parts are worth.

Just being honest.

11. n847

n847

If you just want to flip it I'd sell it as is. decide what the parts are worth as a whole and list it at that price. That being said I would value it at more like 4-500 dollars. But then again I can't ever afford the 30's cars I want.

12. A little high. Good place to start.

13. I've found most guys run away from old surface rusted things like this, they sell better with a quick and dirty coat of paint, even if you brush it on. I've had two different AA cabs and the first one, after I put it together on an A chassis and painted it, sold in just under a month for the asking price. Before that, I couldn't even get a silly offer on it. The second one, I got almost no interest in, then I painted the cab and I got tons of questions and an offer I probably should have taken at the time. All I do is go over it with a wire cup brush, wipe/blow it off, and hit it with the Rustoleum.

$800 is probably not terrible, but it has the look of a lobotomized sport coupe more than anything.

I should have added, you won't necessarily get a fair market value from opinions here, a lot of guys will post what they might pay for it, but that doesn't mean that's what it's worth, just what someone not looking for what you're selling would probably pay if he thought he could flip it or use it somehow.

Last edited: Sep 17, 2012
  14. Sphynx

Sphynx
    from Central Fl

Its worth whatever someone is willing to pay. Start at mare then you have to have and deal on the price. You can always go down but you cant go up. I prefer buying without paint on a project because I want to see what I am really getting however it is true alot of people prefer to see it in one color. I think it is because some peoples imagination isnt as vivid as others.

15. Sounds like you're on the right track.

Remember, you can always go down but you can never go up.

16. seventhirteen

seventhirteen
    from dago, ca

sucker born everyday but really thats 300 at best in parts

quarters could be worth something to someone but you'd have to find the one person in the world building a 28 chevy, tack it together and list it as a rat rod and you can probably get some kid to buy it, anyone paying $800 for that will be bummed once they realize what they bought and how mix matched every thing is

$200 will buy a decent cowl, that one is cut up, you'll need another cowl just to fix that one, they cut the whole side off, that piece is not reproduced

the doors appear to be briggs or murry 28/29 four door doors with the tops cut off? I have one of those doors un cut for sale for last year for $60

and odd ball quarters you'd be lucky to get a $100 a side

edit: I have had tons of parts like those, they are really better trading stock than trying to sell in that condition

17. Balls Out Garage

Balls Out Garage
    from Arkansas

The 28 Chevy quarters are worth about $250 for the pair, a little more if any of the decklid hardware is still attached...

18. shtterbug8

shtterbug8

ok thanks guys. i guess im going to put some more elbow grease into this project....Here in KENTUCKY you be lucky to find anything. i wish i could buy doors for $60 whole. whole murray doors i sell for around $150 up here. true sedan doors i can fetch $200-225 all day long

19. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

I say put it on an S-10 chassis.

20. shtterbug8

shtterbug8

WTF...that is the stupidest thing ive heard the whole month.

21. falconsprint63

falconsprint63
    from Mayberry

sounds high for a coupester in that condition. I'm in the $400-500 camp too.