Register now to get rid of these ads!

whats ten grand ?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by hotrodderhaag, Sep 11, 2012.

1. theHIGHLANDER

theHIGHLANDER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I'm gonna avoid the rush and simply hate you now...:cool:

2. BISHOP

BISHOP

Good Lord man.......... Let me know when you get another chopped 30 coupe together.

Last edited: Sep 17, 2012
  3. porkshop

porkshop
    from Clovis Ca

IM leaving now to go pick up That 29 RPU...JOHN:D

4. modelamotorhead

modelamotorhead

Ain't gonna happen, I'm done! Wrists need to be fused from arthritis, can't spin a wrench with my teeth I guess. I still got a '53 flatmotor left and one more nice model A frame. Better avoid the rush....;)

5. Cargo

Cargo

There's guys out there with bragging rights to a bitchin rod they built for 5K. Then you talk to them and find out that a buddy gave them the body, They had an extra motor laying around.....and they have a shop with 20K tied up in tools. You get the idea but the bottom line is assets=value=equity. Money, tools, trading stock, favors owed etc. are all potential assets in the hobby. Some people get really lucky and score a great deal on a project or a car. Fact is they most likely had more time in beating the bushes to "get lucky" than they ever want to admit and they used the valuable asset of time to find their prize. Nothing wrong with that. It's just not always about how much dough you have.
    10K? If you have it to spend it will go a long way if your judicious with it.

6. 10k dont get ya much in new Zealand

Posted from the TJJ App for iPhone & iPad

7. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

Dont feel bad 10grand dont get you much anywhere anymore these days, and I dont think its going to get any better

8. hugh m

hugh m
    from ct.

Ten grand can still get a pretty nice driver, but you gotta be in the loop and look around.

9. Bart78

Bart78

It's all regional on how much you are going to pay. Being from the part of Texas I am from it is still real easy to find cars. And good cars that are still in prety good shape. Granted you have to get out and look. Just about every old farm around here has a few old trucks sitting around and if the old folks are around still there are usually cars. Putting the time in to find one can save you a bunch of money and usually does not take long to find one. There are allso enough old yards around here that finding a motor is prety easy and cheap. I think the ten grand would go prety far around here.

10. 4oldfords

4oldfords
    from Texas

LINK REMOVED - OWNER SAID TAKE IT DOWN - IT'S SOLD

I bet you can get this delivered for under 10K total. asking $7000 and it's ONLY 1000 miles away from you. i dont know anything about the car - just saw the ad the other day and thought it looked like a deal

Last edited: Sep 17, 2012
  11. yblock292

yblock292

It seems like here in Kansas anyway, theres alot of good deals on cars, but nobody is moving on them. Just this week couple of guys of had stuff for sell, pair of 50 ford show boxes, one running and a parts car for around $5500, have not seen them. Another guy comes by 41 oldsmobile, business coupe, original mostly, running and driving, very solid car! talked about price, said he would let me know this week, but needs to sell it moving out of state.I've had guys taking about A bodies and T bodies for sell recently good prices, but i don't need any more projects. Wanna get 51 back for final paint this month and have the 31 highboy to do next year.

12. Rickybop

Rickybop
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

You aint kiddin'!

[​IMG]

13. 53 ford

53 ford

Dad said "If you ever give $10,000 for anything make sure it has a damn good foundation under it".

14. Mr Haney

Mr Haney

[​IMG]
    this one was built for 10K, 389, 6x2's, 4sp,9inch
    [​IMG]
    worked a trade on this one, drove it 80 miles home today. The seller and his club members are a good group of guys. what aint being told is....motor is pretty tricked out for a banger. B-model head milled, 283 forged pistons, new brakes, drums, etc etc. true 40's hotrod dripping with coolness. The roof job is not that bad..nothing I cannot deal with. got a truck load of cool vintage speed equipment with it. I have owned 5 stock A's in my life and it rides as good as any. Keeping it a 40's hotrod.....Look Familiar???

15. Mr Haney

Mr Haney

He really didn't want to get rid of it........his bottom line was 11K. He got sick of everyone running it down, trying to beat him up. I came up shooting.........

16. hotrodderhaag

hotrodderhaag

Well congrats. I loved the car. with some.work it woulda heen real nice. That's why I woulda liked to owned it.. all in all I just wished I woulda got an honest "no" instead of a run around. Gets old after a while.. but nice car! Enjoy it !

17. snelson57

snelson57

If I were to sell you my Plymouth for 10K, I would at least double up on it after I spent the summer making it road worthy again.

I has a 70's 350 / T350 in it.

And I would, BTW. Bring cash.

Craigslist is your friend....

18. snelson57

snelson57

Lost my photo there...

Attached Files:

19. theHIGHLANDER

theHIGHLANDER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

This is the season where $10K buys a lotta stuff. Kids back in school, election year, just about any media-driven excuse to not spend money and liquidate assets. It's all relative to our personal goals, but I see a lot of money out there. I also see a lot of opportunity, but that's not for the shy, nor for the impatient.

20. If all goes to plan, next year I'll be seriously looking and $10K is what I'd like to spend. I'm seeing nice cars now... but can't move on them without the $$. Going to big swap meets like Carlisle might be a good plan of action. I always check the classifieds here too.

For my $$, I'm looking for something mostly completed or one that needs some updating, due to a back injury I'm working around.

Bob

21. Abomb

Abomb

This is a buyer's market. Where I live, 10K would buy you a car you could drive home to your house. I've never spent 10K all at once (on a car anyway) in my life. I don't even have 10K wrapped up in my 55 chevy, and it's got a fresh 327 in it now.

There was a 28 A coupe in town that ran and drove for $3500 last summer....I had my hands full with my 55 and a shovelhead at the time, and very little extra cash, or I would have put it in my shed.....be patient, that car you pictured wasn't worth 10K if you're not using 1/2 of it....I guess it might be worth it if you wanted a full fendered, banger powered A, but don't pay a premium for stuff you don't want or need.

Seriously, if you have that money burning a hole in your pocket, you should consider shopping nationwide. You could buy a much nicer car from out West, and have it shipped to your door for less than your budget.....just have a HAMBER check it out first.

22. Bart78

Bart78

Looks nice saw that on eBay allso.

23. 50flathead

50flathead
    from Iowa, USA

how much work are you able to do and are willing to do? Do you have any good contacts for parts and service sources? Even the pros will moonlight and sub jobs for cash. Cash screams. 10 grand worth of good parts scrounging will buy you a hell of a hot rod if you can do the work yourself.

24. Mr Haney

Mr Haney

Thanks, Looks like you did Ok in the long run.

25. Ten grand = good. Ten grand am's = not good.