Register now to get rid of these ads!

Take back Central AZ

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Tri-Powerguy, Jun 7, 2012.

1. broey

broey

ended up at the pavilions to meet up with a couple friends havent seen in a while. Ill be out next week again.

2. mechanickeith

mechanickeith

Sorry to hear that Bill. What kind of wear was it?? Lots of stuff could be loose & cause wear on a big rig. Tie rod ends, king pins, spring bushings, shocks, wheel bearings.
    (semi retired journeyman diesel tech here,,,40+ years)

Keep it between the lines!!!

3. I went by 35th also and no one there either. Is there a curfew in effect i dont know about?.

4. Weird A

Weird A

they think maybe tire got egg shaped from defect? $1900.00 later you can bet Im goona keep an eye on them if they start to wear or shake. Truck is a 2009 w/450,000 miles so its not even broke in yet:D

Bill

5. MilesM

MilesM

35th is Friday night.

Pavilions was packed, had to park out back with the late models. We ran over to Central and had a combo meal (they need the biz more than the Pavilions!) but there were only a couple rides there. A crazy blown Ranchero I have not seen before. We went by the 5 and Diner on 16th St on the way back to the Pavilions. They were playing Back to the Future on the outdoor screen. Checked out some rides there and headed out. Alot of folks still at Pavilions when we got back.

6. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

I was out a bit earlier at Central for just a short bit. Judy and I ended up taking the dogs out to the doggy park to let them run wild for a bit, but saw Miles there on the way past. No chance of stopping though... We were in HER car by that time, and I swear none of you will EVER see me pilot that turd anywhere!!! Did drive past 5 and diner on the way home and it was still packed at 9:30.

7. Nick Flores

Nick Flores

Don't worry guys... I got the truck fixed so you can all come back and hang out on Saturday...:rolleyes:

8. mechanickeith

mechanickeith

Is it safe to be seen with you??

9. Nick Flores

Nick Flores

Define safe....

10. Miles, you make a good point. That seems to be a good enough reason why no one was there. I seen a later model ranchero/elcamino with a blower sticking out of the hood while i was driving. I wonder if it was the same? I forgot about the 5 n diner showing back to the future.

11. mechanickeith

mechanickeith

Keep me out of jail.

12. river1

river1

As long as bail is cheap we can get you Mexico

13. mechanickeith

mechanickeith

No good,,,I think I'm still wanted down there!!!

14. Nick Flores

Nick Flores

I thought we were talkin' about hanging out at McDonald's? What have you guys been up to these last couple of weeks?

15. mechanickeith

mechanickeith

Hey,,,,I'm allways lookin over my shoulder!!! Think I'm wanted at more places than down south!

Anyone coming out this saturday?? I may have enough gas for the trip.

16. Nick Flores

Nick Flores

I'll be there and may have some out of town HAMBers in tow. See you guys tomorrow.

17. Tri-Powerguy

Tri-Powerguy
    from Phoenix

I will be there also, can't wait I have 2 cruising brothers that I ran around with when Central was booming. One lives in California the other one here, they are really looking forward to Central again. Hope it is a good night, that way I can get them coming again. I will be there for sure. See ya there.

18. mechanickeith

mechanickeith

Got some gas in the car so I should be there!

19. mechanickeith

mechanickeith

Just washed the dust off the car!!, will be heading out soon.

20. Does anyone know how hard it is to get a good optima 6 volt battery? Stupid Autozone keeping outdated inventory on their shelves

21. mechanickeith

mechanickeith

WOW!! What a turn out tonight! Cars came & went all evening. Several trucks & roadsters, 32 Duece, T bird, vetts. Gets dark early so no pictures.

22. Stupid autozone.

23. mechanickeith

mechanickeith

Surprised they even had a 6 volt on the shelf!! Unless it was for a golf cart.

Last edited: Sep 24, 2012
  24. Tri-Powerguy

Tri-Powerguy
    from Phoenix

Yes it was a good turn out and getting better with the weather, its nice to see them come then go for a ride and come back again. It was a good night, you all have a great week and take care.

P.S. Good to see you back Nick, glad the truck is out of the dog house

25. mechanickeith

mechanickeith

He just needs to remember red is positive, black is negative!!:)

26. Nick Flores

Nick Flores

I'm a cheap bastard... They're all red now!

27. When i worked at Karls Custom on indian school there was an oval window that came in with all orange wires throughout the bug. From headlight to fusebox to tail lights. EVERY wire was the same color. Nightmare to work on.

28. Jeem

Jeem
    Alliance Vendor

I didn't know ylu worked at Karl's?
    Sent from my DROID device using the TJJ mobile app

29. Nick Flores

Nick Flores

Sounds like crickets in here. Anybody cruising down tonight?