Register now to get rid of these ads!

Washington State E vs W flathead reliability run photos and report 2012!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Chris, Sep 16, 2012.

1. kidzintha34fodor

kidzintha34fodor

Corey!! Thats 2 caps now!!!! Whats the deal?

2. Babar40

Babar40
    from Florida

Man!! That chopped '40 convertible and that red '34 roadster just blew me away! Many thanks for letting us look.

3. Ken Carvalho

Ken Carvalho

You missed a GREAT DAY, Evel!!!!

Last edited: Sep 16, 2012
  4. Dirty Dug

Dirty Dug

Thanks for the fun day Chris and the rest of the Emperors.

5. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

Outstanding. The red '34 roadster is a knockout. That tire and wheel combo really makes the Take-out t too. Thanks for posting Chris.

6. BONNEVILLE BOB 95

BONNEVILLE BOB 95

Great job Chris, kool pics. Thanx for sharing.

7. JAC's Flippers

JAC's Flippers

Must..head...North! Looks like a a great event!

8. couverkid

couverkid

It was a great drive,A little over 500 miles on the roadster. Thanks emporers.

9. Yes...you do :D

10. Old-Soul

Old-Soul

Looks like it was a great time, again! Next year I'll be there!

11. porkshop

porkshop
    from Clovis Ca

Chris it was a great show, Glad I stopped on my way to Spokane. Nice to meet you and Dan. Wish I had seen the T shirts for sale.....JOHN

12. Sledge

Sledge
    from Nor Cal

Man that looks like fun Chris! The quality of cars is amazing!

13. DWL

DWL
    from Oregon

Chris, Looks like a Great time was had be all. Sorry we couldn't make it this year looks like we missed a great run. We are planning on next year!

14. Marcy

Marcy

Great job Chris!

Marcy

15. NOAH324

NOAH324

Man, that looked wicked-awesome.
    You guys should do one in the spring too...maybe a pre-war model-year cutoff or something so us engine-swapped posers can play too..! :)

16. jimbanner

jimbanner

I missed the first two of these runs but was able to go this year. What a great time! My wife and I drove over from Spokane and had a blast. One thing that we both thought was super cool (other than being surrounded by flatheads and hot rods) was when was the last time you went to a car show and evey car there had bugs on them? It was very nice to see that everything there was road driven and not trailered. Thanks Inland Emperors! We will definately not miss another one.

17. Dirty Dug

Dirty Dug

350 miles, 25 gallons of gas, equals 14 miles per gallon. I'm feeling good about my economy car. Thanks again for dragging my old ass away from my crossword puzzles.

Attached Files:

18. My roadster gets somewhere in there for mileage, too! Glad you made it Doug! I also heard you are the one who left them strikers in my car...I owe ya buddy :D

19. Dirty Dug

Dirty Dug

You don't owe me anything, I ordered them but they were wrong for my car. But I am curious about what others get for mileage in their flat motors.

Last edited: Sep 18, 2012
  20. 17.8 on the 6 thats almost flat footing it from home left lynnwood at 9:40 rolled in the lot at 12:00 on the dot

21. antiqueautomike

antiqueautomike
    from Spokane

15 mpg in the jeep pushing 4wd down the road.

22. thunderbirdesq

thunderbirdesq

23. Thanks for the support everyone! I would also like to give a big thanks to Blustery's Hamburgers! They give us the whole parking lot for the day and pretty much let us do our thing. Plus they cook up a MEAN burger and fries! Without their support the run would be quite an ordeal to put on. I really want this run to last for years to come, and every year it grows more and more. Hope to see some new faces next year as well as all the old ones :D

24. couverkid

couverkid

Doug I was getting about 15 with our roadster over there,500 miles and it felt good.

25. Bud Crane

Bud Crane

Great pictures Chris. Thanks. I may be getting too old. I drove 530 miles the round trip to attend. That's with my leaving Redmond Or. at 4:30 A.M. and getting back at 8:00 P.M. A long day. My flathead seems reliable enough. The weak link is the driver!

26. Dayaaaammmnn! That looked like a whole buncha fun to me! I really dug the video of the little red primer model A pulling out onto the road and gettin on it...sounded like it had a blower and some serious oats.
    Loved the footage of the Columbia river as I was born and raised in The Dalles...I really miss it.

27. U-235

U-235

Great show Chris...thanks to "Thee Inland Emperors"....one thing though, do you think you could get the "Rabbit, Chicken and Gorilla to practice a little, they have had 3 years now and they haven't gotten any better...!

28. fordman1

fordman1

I got a little better than 15 in my T and that is running rich. Anybody in the Portland area want to help me tune my flatty? I am still working off instinct and internet reading which only gets you so far!

29. Johnboy46

Johnboy46

Great pics,Chris. When I saw that 40 pickup, at first glance, thought is was your old , now my, 46. Same paint job.;-)

30. ss34coupe

ss34coupe

Just some fantastic cars over in Washington. Thanks for posting the pics!