Register now to get rid of these ads!

Rally America New OEM Style wheels

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by wheelkid, Sep 10, 2012.

1. wheelkid

wheelkid
    Alliance Vendor
    from Fresno, CA

[​IMG]
    Now in stock!​

In any 15" size (4.5"-14" widths) with 5 on 4.75" Bolt pattern (5 on 4.5" bolt pattern to follow shortly) Raw steel, painted, or chrome. No Extra Charge for custom backspacing, Raw steel starts at $75ea. These wheels have a single bolt pattern and take an outside knob (10 1/8") hubcap like stock '49-up Fords and stock '54-up Chevy.​

Thanks, Jimmy

2. YAPP

YAPP

Cool Jimmy,

I got a buddy's project that will need a set of the 5 on 4.5 right about the time you guys pop em. Thanks for putting in the work to bring these out.

Terry aka Yapp

Posted from the TJJ App for iPhone & iPad

3. Squablow

Squablow

The chrome version of this should be one of the nicer looking chrome steel wheels around. Will reversed wheels be available?

4. My wheel problem is now solved.

5. TagMan

TagMan
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

What size will the center hole on the 4-1/2" wheels be? I need the later 2-3/4" hold to clear my disc brake hub.

6. squirrel

squirrel

Can you get non-disk brake type hoops to make a neat old fashioned reverse wheel?

7. alwaystiredlong

alwaystiredlong

Will you ever produce 5 on 5 1/2 ?

8. luckyuhaul

luckyuhaul

Can I put these on my Gasser?

9. How about a 14?

10. Will they accomodate disc brakes?

11. Yes do you, will you, or can you?

12. wheelkid

wheelkid
    Alliance Vendor
    from Fresno, CA

Yes, they will be available, I'll get a picture of one up as soon as I get one done.

The center bore is just under 3" so they should fit over pretty much everything.

Jimmy

13. silent rick

silent rick

interested in the chrome reversed version

14. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

you wouldn't happen to know if my 61 Dodge dog dish caps will fit on the 4.5" bolt pattern wheels?? will it be 10 1/8" like the 4.75 bolt pattern wheels?

14x5 or 6 on a huge car looks wrong and later mopar wheels have smaller caps and won't work.

15. I'd be interested in the chrome reversed version too.

16. wheelkid

wheelkid
    Alliance Vendor
    from Fresno, CA

We could use old rims, and do it just like they did in the old days, but it does get pretty expensive to chrome all that old metal and the parts are getting hard to find.

We probably won't make a new stamping for a long time. The original Ford Pickup wheels are still pretty easy to find and we can make all the 5 on 5.5" we need wheels using that center.

Same thing as above, the original centers are still easy enough to find so we build wheels by using those as cores and putting new outer rims on them.

Yes they will.

Thanks
    Jimmy

17. 1lucky1

1lucky1
    from Morgan NJ

18. Torkwrench

Torkwrench

Are these wheels, lug centric, or hub centric? Will any of them have brake cooling slots in the centers? If not can a customer provide his own wheel centers? I have a good set of 55 Chevy 15" wheel centers in search of some nice 6" and 7' rims. The end result being a sharp set of 15" chrome reverse wheels.

19. wheelkid

wheelkid
    Alliance Vendor
    from Fresno, CA

My 4.5" bolt pattern centers will have the same 10 1/8" hubcap as the chevys because thats what the Fords had. But, are you talking about the caps that are about 9.75" across? I could make you some wheels using original dodge centers that would fit. I think I even have some cores right now.

These wheels are Lug-centric. The 4.5" and 4.75" will not have slots, but cooling is not really what those are for anyway. The vents are to let the wheel flex a little when using thinner-gauge material. And there is no problem with using your centers, but chroming costs are typically drastically more when using old centers as compared to new ones.
    Thanks
    Jimmy

20. wheelkid

wheelkid
    Alliance Vendor
    from Fresno, CA

Sorry no, but we are working on something for the larger diameters...

21. Funny... ive been pouring over my options. How soon are you talking on the 4.5? I would like to get a set headed my way in a couple weeks.(powdercoated) I'm not in a huge hurry just trying to get a plan together.

Do you stock the spyder rings and trim rings that fit these?