Register now to get rid of these ads!

where is the quadrant?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by oldsprinter, Sep 7, 2012.

1. oldsprinter

oldsprinter
    from texas

I've seen several pics of T speedsters with modified brake levers with the quadrant and pawl removed. I'm copying a car that was set up like that but can't figure out what they did and I don't have access to go see an actual car. Without the quadrant/pawl, what keeps trans in gear and holds parking brake in park? Does anybody know what's going on with this brake lever setup?

Attached Files:

2. -Brent-

-Brent-

I don't know a hell of a lot but the few cars I've seen like the red-framed car -there was no quadrant or pawl, it was for braking while driving.

3. oldsprinter

oldsprinter
    from texas

Ok, but that lever also shifts into high gear. Do you know how they handled the gear shifting?

4. 29pu

29pu

When it`s in high the lever isn`t doing anything.The cam on the lever holds it in neutral when in the middle position and when pulled back it also applies the brakes.When it`s in the forward position the bolt to adjust neutral slid over and off the cam.In a race car you would use the pedals for finding neutral and when all the pedals were up it would be in high so I could see that they would use the lever for braking at the wheels instead of using the trans brake.