Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rodders and Bikers.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by tfeverfred, Sep 4, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Easy to do wit a small Brit bike, not as easy with a 750LB bagger! I'd bet he'll (Wy guy) never allow that to happen again!

2. BOWTIE BROWN

BOWTIE BROWN

There is more to the thing of being a biker then a hand wave . My first law is ...both feet touch the ground , no matter what kind of bike.

3. Hdonlybob

Hdonlybob

Been busy doing Funerals yesterday and today, so haven't re read all the posts......but another BIG BENEFIT to the older Harley's was that when we used to ride to Sturgis in the 60's you didn't need a map...
    You just headed West on any main road and "FOLLOWED THE HARLEY PARTS" :eek::D:)
    Now this may be the real reason for the wave, as in pointing out the obstacles on the road....
    Cheers...

4. BOWTIE BROWN

BOWTIE BROWN

What ever the reason & the meanings ......alot of these weekend warriors ruin the fun of the WAVE. My lawyer don't wave at me at the store so i damn sure ain't going to wave when he is on his HARLEY. (jerk)

5. BOWTIE BROWN

BOWTIE BROWN

One time i was blasting down I-70 & a piece of chrome fell off , my ole lady ask .....you going back . 80mph & chrome on asphalt .

6. damagedduck

damagedduck
    from Greeley Co

THATS some funny shit right there!!!!!!! I grew up in Rapid City,as kids we would pick up loose parts on I-90 & sell em in town:D

7. Wow! Though maybe I should add something clever or witty to this post! Never mind. You guys are funee!!

8. Hdonlybob

Hdonlybob

The funeral today was for a friend that grew up in Kadoka.....
    Small world.

9. Tony

Tony

How funny, and SO true..Seen it a lot with guy's on rocket style bikes that come into the shop i work at. Look's like they need a curb to stop at a light.

Funny-crazy thread...i ride, but am not a biker, just love bikes. Seen and gave "the wave" many times too..but never gave it a thought after it's happened.
    I will say that most of the real bikers ( builders) i know have a mutual respect when they see hotrod's.

Not much more to say on the subject aside from now i wanna go work on my old Triumph. hahahaha

Tony

10. YA didn't Trock make cylinders for drag bikes and everyone knows Sifton cams and I remember Branch was the premiere head porters for faaaast H-Ds but I have bumped my head alot....

11. Model T1

Model T1

Funny-crazy thread...i ride, but am not a biker,

I notice that a bunch of us write and say this. Like it's a sin or a crime to be a biker. I always say it because I never looked, dressed, or acted like one. Wife and I rode two up all over the midwest, up and down the Misissippi River and Illinois River, Blue Ridge and Sky Line, and all kinds of other scenic places. Rode to work nearly everyday in central Illinois for years. Still I tell "real bikers" I ain't a biker.
    Our favorite memories besides old cars is with bikers at events, hill climbs, roundy rounds, and just ridin.
    The real questions here were about that silly wave. Maybe we have a new question---- "what's a biker?"
    Or add this---- "what's a rodder?"

Again I say if ya have to ask you ain't one. But it's fun asking.

For a thread that some said was dumb and dead this sure got a lot of good comments.;)

12. Ya I still have a set of Franks forks (1"under stock) on my Shovel.I bought them many moons ago.Are they still in buisness?

13. firingorder1

firingorder1

Forking by Frank is still alive and well. Best in the business.

14. Tony

Tony

I say i'm not 'cause i don't eat sleep and breath bikes...i do that with cars :) but i'll wave to ya if we ever passed on our bikes! ;D;D

You got that right. I had him make me up some tubes for my Superglide last year. Couldn't be happier!
    Tony

15. Well put! I have been workin on and ridin bikes for almost 40 years. I have been ridin the same old Shovel over 30.I do not dress like a stereotypical biker,more like the Ironworker I am,but I still call myself a biker and in fact a hotrodder as well.It is what is inside that counts! When I was a 13 year old kid workin in a chopper shop in 1973,the bikers all treated me with respect.These were not the yuppie bikers of today but the old school hard core Knucklehead,panhead and stroker Sportster riders who ate drank and slept Harley Fuckin Davidson. They were badasses some... but they ALL had heart and they had class....well most of them did anyhow....but my point is,Biker or Hotrodder,it is about what is within,not the image some try to portray...jmho...R~R

Attached Files:

16. Tony,Frank has been gone many moons but last I knew,his widow was still running the company.

17. Tony

Tony

I had no idea. I can't remember who i talked to when i called, kinda of recall an older fella but like i said i really can't remember. I can tell ya it was like i was dealing with a mom-n-pop kinda place. Loved it.
    If his widow is running it, she's doing a great job.

18. Well,I spoke with her many years ago when I got my last set of tubes.They have my vote for the best tubes in the buisness!

19. BOWTIE BROWN

BOWTIE BROWN

After reading 24 pages i want to get serious about the wave.
    We ride with about 50-100 strong , with a road captain . If i pass a group of bikers do i flip the the road captain off or all of them , one at a time ? I find this could get pretty tiresome.
    Any suggestions on this .

20. racinman

racinman
    Member Emeritus

it is either your a Biker or a Cyclist... or Hot Rodder or Street Rodder???

21. Bowtox, er Bowtie,,,,,flip us All off,,,,,and see what happens ! lolololololol

22. Crow,,,,LONERS M/C Globe Chapter Secretary ,,,45 years of riding ! (and one finger waveing !)

23. BOWTIE BROWN

BOWTIE BROWN

Hey Crow , thanxz for the input . I've met some loners here in Kansas & the Oklahoma line . Partyed at the HOGS REST for some years.(good people) Lee was the owner of the place.(R.I.P.)

24. I don't believ so, frank was our age when we were kids.

25. Larry T

Larry T

They sent me a dealer price list last year. As has been mentioned before, Frank is dead.

26. Not obstacles it was more hey do you need one of those?

I lost my tail light and liscense plate once and had to rig something up so I could cruise. About a month or so after that one of the fellas showed up at the warehouse and had my light, liscense plate and bracket. Said that he found it in the road ditch and no it was none of my business what he was doing there. Then he started scrounging under my bench for pieces to patch up his scoot.

For fact they are still in business? You've seen their tubes they are still jam up?

27. msalamanca

msalamanca

He thru you a peace sign? didnt know hotrodders or bikers are also hippies.

28. Tony

Tony

I bought a pair for my bike last summer from them.

29. Model T1

Model T1

I'd suggest you don't flip off anyone. But might be nice to wave at the first and a few others down the line. ;)

30. ModeT1,
    I think that a lot of fellas think that to be called biker is a bad thing, like they are a clubber or something. There is a too hop chasm between bikers and clubbers. You don't have to live and breath scooters to be either, that is a real misconception. All biker means it that you ride and enjoy riding. It has nothing to do with the cut of your cloths or the length of your hair. It is a shame that so many people ride whatever it is that they ride and have never found out the difference. All it takes is a few minutes close to the edge, make a friend or two that is not just like you and spend enough time with them to see what makes them tick. Maybe one won't completely understand the lifestyle of the other but at least they will understand the difference.

I suppose it is the same thing with "the wave" if I really wanted to know if someone meant anything by waving at me no matter how many fingers they used I would chase them down and ask them. If it is not important enough to you to do that then just blow it off and go on with life.

Life and the deep mysteries there of is not that difficult, all you got to do is get in there and live it for all it is worth.

Oh and you are correct, flipping someone off may just got your nose bent for ya, or even worse.

Last edited: Sep 8, 2012
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.