Register now to get rid of these ads!

window no workie

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by atotalnincompoop, Sep 6, 2012.

1. i am having issues with my 64 cadillac cdv windows, they wouldn't work at all so i changed the relay, now...they still don't work.
    when i switch the system to emergency mode, which bypasses the relay, they work, when i switch it back to normal mode, the relay vibrates and the windows don't work.
    with the ignition on, i put a test light on the red wire it has power and no vibration, when i touch the test light to the thinner blue/white wire which runs to the fuse panel, i get power and the relay vibrates, same thing with the white/black wire which runs to the window switches.
    any thoughts?
    [​IMG]
    i looked through the archive but haven't seen the solution
    <!-- / message -->

2. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

I'd say get a digital meter and read voltage rather than looking at a light.

had a buddy who couldn't get a truck running he had put a fuel injected motor in. another buddy came by to help with his digital meter and found 9 volts at the fuel pump instead of 12+. fixed a weak ground and he was good to go.

3. ac0j

ac0j

I bet a bad ground as well. Go get a cheap meter and check BOTH power and ground in the relay circuit.