Register now to get rid of these ads!

I need every ones honest opinion on a trade I've been offered.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by TrioxinKustoms, Sep 4, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ^ ^ ^ Didn't you already say that same thing a few pages ago? ^ ^ ^

2. onlyonthurs62

onlyonthurs62

it's crazy to see so much hate on 4 doors on this site.....man i love them!

3. nunattax

nunattax
    from IRELAND

4. Mercchev

Mercchev

Lincoln...Lots of trucks on the road. How many Lincolns do you see?

5. rgrhoward

rgrhoward

One more vote for the Lincoln.

As all of my 4 door buddys say "4 doors 4 more whores".

6. Donzie

Donzie

I don't know where you are on this deal, but I would say if they are both running, driving vehicles and one isn't going to be a money pit over the other....I would keep the Lincoln. The truck is cool but not unique. If you went to a show which one would turn your head more? Screw the 4 dr thing. I understand, some cars don't look good in the 4 dr model but this is a freakin' Lincoln...and a 4 dr hard top at that. That thing has cool written all over it. Just my 2 cents.

7. davidh73750

davidh73750

I can't tell you either way. But I will say this when I first saw a 59 lincoln I was like what the hell is that? People can bash 4drs I've had both and on cruise night or long trips the 4dr is where its at.

Attached Files:

• 602.jpg
      602.jpg
      File size:
      497.4 KB
      Views:
  8. uh, no.

I've never commented on this before and I don't want to throw this thread off track but apparently using the word "hate" so lightly is a generational thing. When I was growing up to "hate" something or someone was very serious business and should be reserved for serious stuff, like Nazis or something. Now, it's become a tool of passive/aggresive manipulation i.e. "if you have an opinion that is different from mine about something then you're a hater. Haters are really bad people. So, if you don't like what I like, you are a really bad person. In fact, you are probably a Nazi!...Hater! Nazi!"

Seriously, how can we hate 4 doors? Some of us just don't like them. They weren't cool when we were growing up and they aren't cool to us now. It's nothing personal. If you like 'em, great! Drive what you want.

onlyonthurs62, this isn't directed at you specifically or personally. I've been noticing the hate thing for a while and it's been bugging the shit out of me. I'm sure it's a generational thing but my mother taught me that "hate" is a very serious word.

Last edited: Sep 5, 2012
  9. PA-IndianRider

PA-IndianRider

LOVE the Lincoln. Would be nice to have a older lux-ride to putt around to cruises & shows (in comfort - quiet & A/C) when driving our street/strip gasser is NOT possible because of high temps & humidity a car like the Lincoln, i.e.... early Caddy (or my fav '59), Buick, Olds, etc

When I was young it didn't matter. NEVER would have a/c on any of my muscle cars or hot rod..... a/c & all that power everything but the kitchen sink was never ever thought about being used back in the good old days of early hot rods.

So to have a Lincoln or similar ride..... as a "comfy-cool custom" (or stock) cruiser would be the way to go for me.

But..... if you STILL HAVE that Caddy.in your photo album ...... why have two cars that are so similar???? If ONE is enough for you .... get the P/U..... or trade the Caddy & keep the Lincoln.

10. ChefMike

ChefMike

I would have to say i love trucks ! however I would keep the car it's sweet and I don't see alot of them around

11. onlyonthurs62

onlyonthurs62

To me using it towards a material item is not a big deal. I agree with you that using the term "hate" toward someone is a strong word to use and my mom would slap the crap outta me if she heard me use it towards someone directly.

Back to the 4 doors thing.....I LOVE them. Like someone said a few posts up you can fit more people more comfortably. I think 4 doors on a lot of cars look great! (my 62' 4 door hardtop for example).

12. philo426

philo426

The Lincoln is much more valuable than the truck.Do not trade it!

13. ClarkH

ClarkH
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

<style>@font-face { font-family: "Times New Roman"; }@font-face { font-family: "Lucida Grande"; }p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal { margin: 0in 0in 0.0001pt; font-size: 12pt; font-family: "Times New Roman"; }table.MsoNormalTable { font-size: 10pt; font-family: "Times New Roman"; }div.Section1 { page: Section1; }</style> I always felt like Lincoln was the only brand that managed to create a cool four door. They have a slick Rat Pack vibe.

The truck probably has broader sales appeal as it sits. The Lincoln has far more upside&#8212;but you have to finish it, paint it, and find the right buyer.

14. TrioxinKustoms

TrioxinKustoms
    from Romney, WV

I want to let you all know I really appreciate every ones input and well thought out responses.
    I'm gonna take a long hard look over the truck and drive it a little first. If it isn't as fun to drive as the Lincoln it will be an easy decision.
    Its odd to think of these cars as "rare" for me as my good friend less than 20 miles from my house has one even though I know the made very very few of these cars.

I personally have always enjoyed getting something going and then moving on to something else, but usually the people who end up with my old cars let them sit and rust after they are out of my hands.

I will keep you all posted on my thoughts but right now I'm leaning towards truck because I need a truck for every day use.

15. bullnose52

bullnose52

Keep the Lincoln. It will look kool when done.

16. You've got to wonder why the truck owner wants to swap.
    Not like he would be into downgrading aye.

17. SoCal

SoCal

Better the devil you know?
    I'd still pick the linc anyway!

18. jfrolka

jfrolka

Trucks are handy... the lincoln is cool, but those trucks are a lot of fun when their still all original drivetrain.

19. TrioxinKustoms

TrioxinKustoms
    from Romney, WV

Yeah, Plus I live out in the country.. lotta farm land and back roads to bounce around on.

20. Wally

Wally
    from Iowa

I would have to vote for the truck. The car might be more rare and worth more and the truck might be more common and worth less but I still like the truck. If you can't decide you better keep the car. If you like the truck more than do the trade and take the truck. I think the car is very ugly. Beauty in the eye of the beholder stuff I guess. I think the truck is way nicer looking than the car. It was said earlier that the truck would sell easier. I would second that. If the car was done up really nice and the pickup was done up just as nice (both for sale) I wouldn't even look at the car. I should say that a little differently... I would look at the car and then go buy the pickup. The reason why you see so many pickups like that one is that they are COOL!

It's your time and money at stake. Pick the one you like more and screw everyone else. (including me if you like the car more):D

21. These comments mean nothing,the only opinion that matters is yours.

22. 1964countrysedan

1964countrysedan
    from Texas

Regardless of your decision, there is no shortage of opinions here.

23. 1pickup

1pickup

The Lincoln IS big, ugly & has too many doors...I think it kicks ass. Keep it, & get some metalflake paint on that thing. Unless you need to haul a load of dirt, or something.

24. moonman29

moonman29

I'd keep the Lincoln, not to many of those around.

25. Jeff Norwell

Jeff Norwell
    Staff Member

Seriously, how can we hate 4 doors? Some of us just don't like them. They weren't cool when we were growing up and they aren't cool to us now. It's nothing personal. If you like 'em, great! Drive what you want.

Exactly.....
    Folk like them.some folks don't.

I think there is enuff answers for the OP now

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.