Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rodders and Bikers.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by tfeverfred, Sep 4, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Saxon

Saxon
    from MN

2. KIRK!

KIRK!

Almost.

3. KIRK!

KIRK!

Here he is again.

4. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

Armpit fart...

5. from Wiki; Sonny Barger was the Pres of the Oakland Chapter for many years (1957-88), never LA. He moved to Arizona for health reasons and became Pres of Cave Creek Chapter . And he rides a Victory these days!

Each one of them is striving to be an individual, just like the next one. On weekdays they are accountants, lawyers and businessmen, but on weekends they polish all the Screamin Eagle Chrome Doo Dads that they had the Harley dealer install and become "Bad Ass Bikers" :D

I also ride more than I drive. And my garage has Harley's, Triumph's, Bultaco's, Honda's, a Jawa Speedway bike and a Rickman - so I'm not a "Biker" I am a Motorcyclist! With over 250,000 miles under my belt that just likes to ride and not worry about what others think of me.

Last edited: Sep 5, 2012
  6. KIRK!

KIRK!

Exactly!

My favorite bikes were my two Triumphs.

7. Yep, those would be bikers alright, like modern hot rodders. Lots of billet and what have you. Well I guess chaps and dew rags instead.

All it takes is credit.

8. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

Kinda sounds like this would be appropriate for a lot of guys on the HAMB. Just need to change a couple words...

9. zman

zman
    from Garner, NC

lol, more like put together here. :eek:

:D:D:D

10. -Brent-

-Brent-

Jeep guys with CJ YJ-type Jeeps do it too.

11. markl350

markl350

Damn...and I just learned what the "shocker" gesture is!

Attached Files:

12. zman

zman
    from Garner, NC

[​IMG]

13. Well this thing has gone full circle and we are ready to go back for another round.

You guys have fun discussing the finer parts of the two finger wave.

14. johnod

johnod

What kinda Rickman?

15. BOWTIE BROWN

BOWTIE BROWN

MAN , just got back up & this thread has gone left of center. Don't nobody read what i have written , i damn sure don't know what a biker is or how one waves.
    I like to wave at people but sometimes its my ass that shows .
    around here everybody owns a bike but there are only afew bikers .
    A lot of car junkies too .

16. I have two, A quite Rare Bultaco Metisse and my crown Jewel, A Rickman Triumph Metisse MX bike
    [​IMG]

17. BOWTIE BROWN

BOWTIE BROWN

LAST TIME & IAM OUT OF HERE......thanxz for all the posts , i think i added a dirty dozen to my count , did'nt learn a damn thing which scares me.
    football tonite , more inportant then a fuckin hand wave .

18. I woke up in a barn once and thought well gee this is a barn, I must be a cow. Then I went out and looked in the mirror on my truck and damned if I wasn't still just me.

19. KUSTOM 50

KUSTOM 50

This has to be the sadest thing I have ever read. Kinda like RR word, besides a old School Triumph is there any other bike worth starting?

I have both a bike and old cars, Like everyone says just kinda go together
    And this is my worthless heritage:cool:

Attached Files:

20. 117harv

117harv

On a side note, if the the hand gesture is something you MUST do, please be careful not to catch your studded wrist band or one of your skull rings in your bar whip and go down:cool:

21. Indian, Henderson? BSA, Norton, Vilocet (sp), Vincent, Ariel?

Sorry I couldn't resist.

22. hatch

hatch
    from house

Thank you Kirk.....they're not bikers.....just divorced orthodontists.

23. What's with the people that wear flip flops and shorts with a helmet?

24. sawbuck

sawbuck
    from 06492 ct

kill the wave ...

25. Yes, it means "HI!" It is easier to extend your arm down out of the wind rather than I wave up in the air. It much easier to get your hand back on the handlebars too.

We (biker) do have a bit of a kinship with hot rodders as we were the first to modify our rides long before cars became hot rods.

26. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

:pBest post so far...Just visualizing this made me spit coffee outta my nose.

27. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

As a side note, my dad raced bikes for years, rode from 1948-last year all year round, every year. I remember when i was a kid, he had a tiff with my Uncle Al. Al showed up on a panhead, my dad told him he couldn't park it in our driveway, and MADE him park it on the street. Said "I wont have one of those fucking things in my yard" end quote.

28. BOWTIE BROWN

BOWTIE BROWN

If migets did the wave it would be called a ripple.
    Another side note ......my mother rode flat track when i was a fart.
    And the old man raced a '32 roundie round
    HEAR NO EVIL....SEE NO EVIL .....RIDE NO EVO

29. KUSTOM 50

KUSTOM 50

Well I guess I will admit , There are a bunch more. But none in my price range. I was being a smart ass ... I used to have a benelli from the 30s that was cool. Bought it for 175 bucks in 84 and got it running . I killed it as a teenager though :( wish my dad would have kicked my ass and took it away. Looked alot like this one when I got it. was taken away as scrap afterwords. They are not good for climbing hills on

Attached Files:

• th.jpg
      th.jpg
      File size:
      5.8 KB
      Views:
  30. Model T1

Model T1

Most of these posts are right on. I might add I've had Vettes and a few cheap sports cars. Seems like when you are in or on something different than a generic car, others in similar vehicles wave in some way. To me all things with two or three wheels are motorcycles. Just cause you ride an old Indian and I ride a BSA don't mean either is any better.

Actually I'm not a biker. Never wuz. But I am on more bike sites on this computer than car sites. Like a few, never dressed like a biker dude. I wore shorts and tank top, or leather jacket and jeans. Whatever I had on when I decided to go to work or get some wind. Never a biker but rode that sucker year round in Illinois many years. Off road and up creeks and hills too steep to climb. Remember, I wasn't a biker. Didn't know any better. Wife liked to play wanna be biker babe. She still wears whatever turns her on when hangin out with bikers.
    Bought by first tiny bikes in the late 50's. Kept buyin cheap crap under 150CC's, fixin em up, and riding them till some sucker wanted it more than I did.
    Last bike was a 1950 Harley tank shifter. Bought it end of 1964. Last of the factory non-cop tank shift models. I think it had some kind of a Panhead motor on it. Had many rebuilds, tires, chains, and other parts put on in the more than two million miles we rode that piece of crap bike. Never really rode it. It was part of us.
    Sold it in 1994 when I retired to Florida. Plans were to buy another bike. Shit happens. People get old.
    But I still wave to bikers and hotrodders. It's just the right thing to do. Like that goofy lookin dog hangin out the car window, never really asked, just did it. Maybe if ya have to ask why ya shouldn't be doin it. ;):)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.