Register now to get rid of these ads!

traditional: mk2,airbags?????????

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by anteek, Sep 1, 2012.

1. anteek

anteek

The theme here is TRADITIONAL. What is traditional about mk2's and airbags?Definately not pre '64; the late '50's Caddy's that had them as an option and they were a disaster. Can the powers that be posted a list of what they think is traditional and what is not? Does traditional mean obsolete and out moded? By '64 ten flatheads were replaced by current technology OHV's for every one that had a valve job. Where is the line? Who draws it? If it's an opinion,we all know what they are like.Anyone have a favorite late part to comment on?

2. outlawsteel

outlawsteel

I hate to bust your bubble but airbags are traditional.

3. F&J

F&J

If the moderators knocked out everything except pure old time, it would be slim pickings. I think they do keep a pretty good mix going.

Some have asked for a pure old time sub-forum, but I just go look at the 40s period correct, and 50s period correct picture threads. We are lucky to have old timers here that actually took some pics of their backyard "average guy" builds, and have saved them and posted them on those threads.

those pics from "Joe Average" give a clearer view of what was what, back then, rather than looking at the "better" cars in the old magazines (just my opinion)

4. EnglishBob

EnglishBob

Here's a thought.
    Start your own forum then you can give up work and spend all day moderating posts that really mean nothing but take time to monitor.

5. gimpyshotrods

gimpyshotrods
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

408 Posts, and you're the "traditional police"?

Ala Kart had airbags, and it was built in 1957. The first automotive airbag experimentation began in the 1930's.

In short, posts like this have little or no point. This is Ryan's forum, we're just visitors in his house. He decides what stays, and what goes.

6. 60galaxieJJ

60galaxieJJ

Oh hey look at this traditional air ride
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. Deuces

Deuces

......;)

Attached Files:

8. anteek

anteek

I'M not bitching...........had a post pulled today because it was about a IRS.Built since the '50's,hundreds of jag rears. Mine happened to be Exploder,didn't know they built one till I bought it in the blind. 8.8 ford IRS Why is it any less traditional than the Jag,the MK2? I don't buy into the pure traditional crap,but it is a on/off thing here. Traditional is a heavy case of outmoded and obsolete,NOT what was happening back then. If there is a line,its somebody trying to play God.

9. F&J

F&J

One of the moderators just a month ago explained why some stay, some get deleted. He said if too many of one certain type of OT thing is on page one, at the same day, they pull some of them.

That explained a lot to me, as far as why some stay.

Then what you want is a street rod type of site. Don't call out cars outdated/obsolete, because THIS site is for US, not you

There's some drama, so this can be deleted as well. I get PO'd when some come here and dis the old ways. Where the hell else do we go?

10. dante81_98

dante81_98
    1. A-D Truckers

Thats kindof a dumb reason if you ask me considering every 60 seconds the first page is totally different.

11. F&J

F&J

No, not really. I think what they mean is some OT stuff keeps getting too many comments, so it keeps going up top. And if there are a half dozen ones getting these extra comments, they toss some of them.

It was in the site suggestions/comments just a while back. (and this one should be in the site comments section)

12. dante81_98

dante81_98
    1. A-D Truckers

I respectfully disagree. Dumb reason to delete someones thread, just because there are to many of them on page one. But hey, it ain't my site and I ain't bitchin about it. Just another day in the life of the HAMB.

13. Weasel

Weasel

No - windbags are traditional.;)

I still fail to understand why anyone would want to run their car on four basketballs....:confused:

14. I'm making popcorn.

15. IMO, bags are for groceries and having sex with really ugly women.

Its Ryans show and the mods help him out, and for as busy as it is, they do a damn good job. We have all had a post deleted at one time. Get over it,,,,, and yourself.