Register now to get rid of these ads!

Suede of a different color

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by blown240, Aug 8, 2005.

1. jazzbum

jazzbum

that chev is sweet.

2. monsterflake

monsterflake

blue is the color of heros...just like nic....

Attached Files:

3. speedaddict

speedaddict
    from Austin, Tx

my favorite 54 by far

4. Mojo

Mojo

suede pearl is so friggin killer, it's right there with candy over flake. My dream car will be dark blue suede with pearl, like that 60 chev above. LOVE that color... great pics, thanks for them..

5. Heres mine...tinted white into lite blue 2 pak primer ....

Rat

Attached Files:

6. dragrcr50

dragrcr50

on ebay is a paint in 15 diff colors kalled flatz and it is 79.00 a gallon , it is already flat and many colors and it is acrylic so it does seal also go to ebay motors and type in gasser and about 120 items come up and it is there.........hope this helps or you can get tintable primer and simply tint with base color, your paint guy can do that for you

7. paintpyro

paintpyro

Graverobber, that is the exact color Ive been lookin for. Is that yours? Anybody know the details?!?!?!

Attached Files:

8. =mike=

=mike=

Oh man I miss that old turd boiler ! It was 2 stage without the clear with gold pearl in the last few coats . I don't know if it was the painting it in the driveway , or the picture of me painting it holding a bottle of cheap wine in one hand and the spray gun in the other :)

I hope John got the registration worked out and is driving the shit out of that thing !

9. glassguy

glassguy

heres my merc the 1st time around it was isuzu copper arange, with spies hecker matt bumper clear.. it was a little to shiney for the degree of finish on the body work so it looked like a bad paint job on a wavey car, so i sanded it off after about a month and primed it black again until the body was smooth enough( by my low standards) for shiney paint..

Attached Files:

10. rjb

rjb
    from ICT KS

I'm pretty sure you spray the basecoat as usual then add flattener to the clear, basecoat is flat to begin with unless your using one stage paint.

great pics!

rjb

11. Here's my cad, suede yellow with white metaflake roof

Attached Files:

12. LeadSledMerc

LeadSledMerc

This is SEM Rust Shield #102 with thinner and flatner on my C-dan. Everyone asks me if I'm going to leave it primed. I've been running this kind of paint on the frame and running gear on my 33 p/u for about 3 years and it's held up real good. It likes to go right over rust.

[​IMG]

13. Zumo

Zumo

Man that is one sexy color.

14. lodaddyo

lodaddyo

What color is that!.. i love it
    any info would be appreciated

15. Retroline

Retroline

Did my Poncho with sealer and then a metallic green I mixed in with gold pearl dust. It held up with our shocking weather for the four years I owned it.

Attached Files:

16. T McG

T McG
    from Phoenix

My paint was created naturally by the Arizona sun, with no artifical ingredients.

17. graverobber63

graverobber63
    Alliance Vendor

Hey guys, that car was posted on the hamb way back, I'm not sure who owns it, but it has the most savage paintjob i've ever seen.

18. KATFISH

KATFISH

Use white PPG-DP primer sealer .You can tint itany color you want

19. burger

burger

How well does DP primer-sealer hold up to the elements? Would it last as a topcoat?

Thanks,
    Ed

20. AHotRod

AHotRod

anyone else have an update?

21. Nailhead

Nailhead

Bump for a cool thread ! I'd love to see some more Pearls & Metalflakes. I'm debating this on my Riv, flattened pearl or flake body with a heavy chunk metalflake roof (with clear gloss)

Todd

22. Malcolm

Malcolm
    from Nebraska

We used a couple different colors of tinted primer with a little black and red paint mixed in to get this color....

Malcolm

Attached Files:

23. Gerg

Gerg

I am planning on doing my 53 a flat blue with a heavy flake silver top or a cream color not sure which yet but this thread has some pretty cool suede paint jobs in it and i am sure a lot of people on the HAMB have painted there cars like this in the last 2 years since this thread has been bumped!

24. Nailhead

Nailhead

Jeez, that looks pretty good man. I think a nice freeway scallop / flame job would really set it off. Something along these lines, just imagine some scallops blended in :
    [​IMG]

25. HotRodPaint.com

HotRodPaint.com

I didn't read all of the posts, but here is all you need to know.

Whatever paint goes on last needs to be a topcoat product, and have a flattener added by either you...or the manufacturer.

If it's a topcoat color:.....either you or the manufacturer will need to add flattener.

If it's clear:......either you or the manufacturer need to add a flattener....but make sure you buy an additive made for clear, or you may get little white specks.

Primers and sealers:..... are not made to live under the sun and weather, so they will not last. They will fade, and sometimes turn gray. How much will you save if you paint it several times???

When mixing your own flattener, the semigloss mixes may have an uneven finish with shiney spots. Use the formula for "full flat" and you will be happy.

NO! you cannot sand and buff out problems. That will make glossy spots wherever you try it. The way you spray it is what you will live with, so try to use a booth.

26. Tin Can

Tin Can

My old buick

Attached Files:

27. Speed King

Speed King
    from Omaha

The metallic doesn't show up in the pics. Kind of a black cherry with flat clear. Dashboard and garnish moldings are gloss(same color) with splinter flake.

Attached Files:

28. Zumo

Zumo

Very nice Speed King.

Here is a shot of mine behing the engine:D. It's a blue Krylon rattle can. Not proud of it but it's what I have for now.
    [​IMG]

29. Two stage Saturn Lime with a flat clear coat instead of gloss. The sheen is sweet. At dusk and dawn, the finish is absolutely stunning. It looks like velvet.

Attached Files:

30. chazzin

chazzin
    from butler,ga

heres my truck, its a matte clear
    [​IMG]